Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Air China - Any fellow DC members flown?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air China - Any fellow DC members flown?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2010, 1:38 am

Programs: BA, FB, LH; PC/IC, HH, MR
I flew to PEK from LHR in 08 (twice) down the back in cattle, and apart from the smoking bit, my experience was the same as HIDDY's

Beware, as a BD*G at the time, I was put on the front row middle (Mister Markdg, welcome on board as a Star Alliance Gold Card member - we've put you at the front sir), beneath the large projector screen (no in seat AVOD), and with a baby in the bassinet at the RHS 3 seats. I've never before had such an urge to punch anything/one that moved by the end of that one. Food choices were "Chicken or Beef", followed by "Chicken or Pork" - or similar

I'm not in a hurry to fly with them again

(Lounge in PEK T3 was fine)
Old Apr 3, 2010, 11:03 am
spd

Programs: Diamond Club Silver, various other low ranking levels on all sorts of loyalty schemes
Have flown PEK-HKG on CA 777 in J.

I thought the lounge at PEK was quite nice (was blown away by the scale of the airport in general) and the flight was very nice if you think European airline business class rather than Asian airline business class. Not up to same standard as the likes of OZ or SQ, but perfectly acceptable.
Old Jan 21, 2012, 5:45 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
For anyone curious I've put a few observations elsewhere around Air China, having recently flown them on a few redemption flights domestically;
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other...p-reports.html

One point to be aware of is the lack of redemption availability for flights opening up after I'd made my initial bookings and also that 2 weeks before the flight they appeared to zero all award availability from what I could say. They also seem to be pretty bad in only releasing a single first seat on many flights from my checking around, but most flights seem to have at least 1 first seat available.

The flights weren't too bad and I'd do them again domestically happily enough in either "first" or economy, but would avoid internationally if possible. The airports themselves were very impressive though - both PEK and PVG are enormous and so impressive to land at and taxi to a gate. Puts Heathrow into perspective really.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.