Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Please report your successful redemptions using Diamond Club miles (2010)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please report your successful redemptions using Diamond Club miles (2010)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2010, 2:57 am

Help please

I did my booking ARN-DUB-ARN miles+cash this saturday.

Since neither me or the man at the callcenter speaks English (well, not fluently enough to communicate without problem) I am worried that he did not get my creditcard details correct.

* I can find my travel at checkmytrip.com
* Sofar, no money has been deducted from my creditcard
* I have not got any email confirmation
* The miles has however been deducted.

On a scale, how worried should I bee, and what should I do?

Regards
Ola
Old Jan 19, 2010, 4:50 am

Cai - Dxb - Sin - Mel in SQ C, O/W. 37,500 miles, £420.30 AI. Was a cash and miles booking.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 5:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by gdaily
Help please

I did my booking ARN-DUB-ARN miles+cash this saturday.

Since neither me or the man at the callcenter speaks English (well, not fluently enough to communicate without problem) I am worried that he did not get my creditcard details correct.

* I can find my travel at checkmytrip.com
* Sofar, no money has been deducted from my creditcard
* I have not got any email confirmation
* The miles has however been deducted.

On a scale, how worried should I bee, and what should I do?

Regards
Ola
If the credit card details were wrong then they would have told you on the phone when they seek authorization on that. They wouldn't have given you a PNR if it wasn't authorized.

Do you see a eticket number on CMT yet?

Your miles have been deducted so you should be ok. But watch out for the eticket number and if it's not there by tomorrow give them a call.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 5:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by djb25
Cai - Dxb - Sin - Mel in SQ C, O/W. 37,500 miles, £420.30 AI. Was a cash and miles booking.
Do you have a stop over in DXB? Is the CAI-DXB on SQ metal?

I was trying to do a o/w on SQ on the above route and just couldn't get a single seat for any date so assumed they don't release seats for this segment.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 5:37 am

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
Online booking DUB-LHR-DUB in C class (while there's time left).

Quoted 13.5k for C, but only 9k deducted due to bmi Gold status.
Taxes €60.48
Credit card fee of €6.00 (on the phone it is €4.50 fixed, revenue bookings it is a percentage )

Ticketed in moments. ^

No hassle at all!
Old Jan 19, 2010, 8:39 am

Originally Posted by lallyr
Do you have a stop over in DXB? Is the CAI-DXB on SQ metal?

I was trying to do a o/w on SQ on the above route and just couldn't get a single seat for any date so assumed they don't release seats for this segment.
Hi there lallyr. A stop over in Dubai was possible, but not taken. The aircraft does stop for just under two hours however. As stated, the entire itinerary is with SQ. This is for a trip in November though, which may explain the availability issue. Good luck.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 9:08 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
For Summer 2010:

LHR-LIS-FAO - TP, J x 2

and

FAO-LIS-LHR - TP, J x 2

C+M = 15,000/each plus c£255/ea round trip, but booked as 2 x one-ways.

Done in c10 mins by an efficient but v. grumpy, curt male agent.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 9:24 am

Programs: HH Gold, GHA Titanium, Iprefer Elite, EI Concierge
Originally Posted by GoldCircle
Online booking DUB-LHR-DUB in C class (while there's time left).

Quoted 13.5k for C, but only 9k deducted due to bmi Gold status.
Taxes €60.48
Credit card fee of €6.00 (on the phone it is €4.50 fixed, revenue bookings it is a percentage )

Ticketed in moments. ^

No hassle at all!
I did that yesterday evening too and it was ticketed in seconds with the correct millage deducted. So much more efficent than trying to book it via the ICC.

The fun is that the confirmation mail shows 13500 miles for fare basis IM6750 but the DC account shows clearly only 9000 miles deducted.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 9:51 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy
Original Poster

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by NoY
LHR-LIS-FAO - TP, J x 2
FAO-LIS-LHR - TP, J x 2

C+M = 15,000/each plus c£255/ea round trip, but booked as 2 x one-ways.
FWIW, this is an example of the "connecting flights within zones 1 and 2" surcharge.

Z1-Z2 C&M 6,000 + £70
connecting flight surcharge 4,000 + £30
Total 10,000 + £100

multiplied by 1.5 for business = 15,000 + £150

This nets out the fees/taxes as £105 pp, which seems to indicate the poster has got "a result" here, as the TP site is quoting £150 in fees/taxes
Old Jan 19, 2010, 3:54 pm

Programs: TK*G
LAX-ZRH-CPH in C on LX - 18,750 miles + £246.

Booked with Brian this morning in less than 10 minutes. It's now twelve hours later and the ticket number is already showing. ^

I wish all my bookings were this easy.
Old Jan 20, 2010, 10:43 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Time to clear my account on a trip to Miami and Cancun in February; my miles balance was far, far too high.

Good news: CO was available, so no need to burn F. Bad news: ICC wouldn't let me have a stopover in MIA as it was an "invalid routing" so I had to make the outbound in two separate bookings. Sounds a bit mean to me? I also note I've been charged XO departing Mexico of £46.30, which is not as high as they tried last year (£200!) but still based on a nominal value several times higher than reality which they are supposed to have stopped doing.

Outbound:
LCY-ZRH-MIA on LX in C 33,750 and £177.45 charges per person
<stopover>
MIA-IAH-CUN on CO in Y and C 22,250 and £21 charges per person

Inbound:
CUN-IAH-LHR on CO in C 33,750 plus £150.20 charges per person

Total each:
89,750 miles and £348 charges

Total for two:
179,500 miles and £697 charges including £27 in credit card charges for the three transactions
Old Jan 20, 2010, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
ajamieson - I'm confused. Mexicana will fly you, for cash, from MIA to CUN direct for £84 one-way (looking at 18th Feb) with 4 direct flights a day. Yes, that is Y but the flight is only 1hr 40min so its only LHR-FRA equivalent. And you'd earn some BA Miles as well! Why burn all those miles and add in the extra flight time?

Even if you must, must, must go J, Mexicana J from MIA-CUN is only £275 one-way. I still see this as a better deal than using 22,250 miles plus £21 tax, especially given the IAH diversion and the BA Miles earned back.
Old Jan 20, 2010, 1:01 pm

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Indeed, but on the dates we wanted the Mexicana flight was nowhere near as cheap as what you found. In addition, I actually booked FLL-IAH-CUN in the end as FLL is much closer ($100 closer) to where we need to leave from than MIA. However, if the price drops I'll reconsider. I could use BA Miles for the direct Mexicana flights, but I fear you might faint I also promised myself I would never fly Mexicana again after my last experience with them (an empty threat, of course...)

Incidentally, do you think my original plan was indeed an "invalid routing" or was I just being ambitious?

Last edited by ajamieson; Jan 20, 2010 at 1:06 pm
Old Jan 20, 2010, 1:05 pm

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Personally, I'd query the outbound with PTS. I think that out friends in Pune have had you on this. As CO is the only * connection between MIA & CUN, I can't see how they can charge you point to point on this.

I'd also query the XO too.
Old Jan 20, 2010, 8:34 pm

Well,

MIA-CUN is 531 miles
MIA-IAH-CUN is 1775 miles.

Why should they allow it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.