Search

Getting points for holding event at BW?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2004, 11:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold
Getting points for holding event at BW?

Hi there,

I'm getting married at a BW later this year and I'm wondering if there's any way I can end up with some points at the end of this shindig. Looking at the Gold Crown site, it looks like any group rates from the manager don't count (like our wedding block) and I didn't see any mention of catering/space rental credit.

Other hotels offer massive bonuses/free honeymoons for having your wedding at their hotel - can I get anything from here?

Thanks!
-Shannon
Old Aug 24, 2004, 10:56 am

Location: fort worth, tx AA Gold,Best Western-Diamond, HH- Gold, Marriott-Silver
Everything is subject to negotiation. It is best to bring it up BEFORE you sign anything though. As stated, the manager of each hotel decides what they give points for and what they don't. If you did not bring it up when you were negotiating your rate, than you probably will not get anything.

I run a weekly meeting and was at a BW with a small meeting room. They booked it as a "guest" room, so they always gave me the points. When we outgrew that room and I started looking around for another room I was able to negotiate with the sales manager at a BW with a larger meeting room, who got it approved by the GM that they issue me points for the meeting room if I moved the meeting to their hotel. I told them the only way that I would move it there was if I could get the points for it. They agreed so I agreed and we stayed there about 1 1/2 years, so it was a lot of points.

You can try calling the sales manager and seeing if you could earn some points, but if all the paperwork is finished they would be extremly nice to allow you something. Points do cost the hotel, that is why it should be addressed before a bottom line figure is agreed upon.
Old Aug 24, 2004, 11:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold
Thanks for the feedback - I didn't realize at the time we signed that BW even offered a points program. Never hurts to give a call now...

Thanks!

-Shannon
Old Apr 27, 2011, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Is this still the case...by creating one-on-one deals with individual hotels? Or is there a more structured program now? I couldnt find anything about it on the web site.
Old Apr 28, 2011, 9:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Is this still the case...by creating one-on-one deals with individual hotels? Or is there a more structured program now? I couldnt find anything about it on the web site.
I believe it's still done as a negotiation with the individual hotel. I would talk to the sales manager and/or GM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.