Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Best Western | Best Western Rewards
Reload this Page >

Does earning preference (BW points vs. Airline miles) affect stay 2 get 1 free promo?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does earning preference (BW points vs. Airline miles) affect stay 2 get 1 free promo?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2024, 9:28 am
Original Poster

I don't normally stay with BW but the stay 2 get 1 free promo is attractive. I want to earn airline miles instead of BW points... does this affect the promotion eligibility? I don't seem to see any terms in the promotion that prohibits it
Old Mar 26, 2024, 2:38 am
R
formerly PrePress420

Must be sent to points, which is described in terms and conditions
Old Mar 26, 2024, 1:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by R
Must be sent to points, which is described in terms and conditions
They only mentioned that an eligble night is "a night stay...at a rate eligible for earning points", which I think describes the rate rather than where to credit it...?
Old Mar 26, 2024, 3:14 pm
R
formerly PrePress420

I guess I would call them and ask them.
By the way I've earned my free night and all that with points and if and when you do get it and you get the confirmation email, scroll to the very bottom and you will have a chance to register for triple points by May 5th. A lot of people don't know to scroll down to the bottom of those emails because sometimes they have things there to register for promotions that for some strange reason Best Western doesn't want you to find out.
Also, that voucher is good for between 5,000 points and 70,000 points which is much better than just $100 gift card. So if you're in Vegas or Disneyland you can use it to 70,000 and get a good room.​
Old Mar 27, 2024, 8:49 pm
Original Poster

I spoke with them. The earning preference does not matter. They only require the rate to be a point-earning rate (i.e. not OTA)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.