Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Best Western | Best Western Rewards
Reload this Page >

Transferring BW Rewards Points - Can take up to 2 MONTHS

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transferring BW Rewards Points - Can take up to 2 MONTHS

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2019, 9:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott/SPG Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, National EC Exec
Angry Transferring BW Rewards Points - Can take up to 2 MONTHS

Haven't seen much activity about this in the forum so I figured I would advise everyone...

I was 2,000 miles short in my American Airlines account to book an award flight. I don't normally stay at BW but I had over 25,000 from stays out west over the years. They were offering 5000 BW points for 1000 AA miles. Since the points were just sitting there, I figured why not use them. The web site has no timeline as to how long it takes.

It's been almost 3 days and no change in my AA balance. I call the BW Rewards line and they informed me that the process can take up to 1 to 2 billing cycles which I assume is a month's time which is ABSOLUTELY ridiculous given that other program-to-program transfers occur instantly. I notified the agent of this and that the web site doesn't show how long the process takes. She basically said "sorry" and said that she wasn't even really aware you could do so. I also cannot take the points back as she said that "it would just complicate things".

So, beware! BW is apparently still stuck in the pre-Internet paper era.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.