Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Best Western | Best Western Rewards
Reload this Page >

Warning: Summer 2018 bonus online may not be the best offer!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Warning: Summer 2018 bonus online may not be the best offer!

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2018, 6:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Exclamation Warning: Summer 2018 bonus online may not be the best offer!

If you log in to BW and go to Special Offers, you'rel likely to see:

REWRUSH182 - BWR members get a $20 Best Western Travel Card on the first stay between May 21 and Sep 3, 2018

It appeared perhaps a week or so.

Well, that's a terrible offer, but if you register you may get stuck with it, while if you don't register for it, you may get an email with a much better offer.

I held off on registering, and today I got an email titled:

, look what Best Western Rewards has for you in your May Newsletter!

about an offer for BW AAA members that after that $20 gift card for the first stay gives 2000 bonus points on additional stays.

Once I registered for that, the REWWRUSH182 offer disappeared from my offers, so that leads me to believe that this offer and any better alternate offers are mutually exclusive!

So if you don't have to register yet, and haven't gotten an email with a better offer, I'd suggest you wait and find out if there's a better offer you can sign up for without being a AAA member. (Unfortunately, I can't find a link for a website just for the REWWRUSH182 offer, so I don't know if it has the "usual" clues for their being other offers for other kinds of memberships, some of which anyone can sign up for.)
markko and barracuda93 like this.

Last edited by sdsearch; May 19, 2018 at 6:39 pm
Old May 25, 2018, 1:36 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
I waited to register after seeing your OP, but I did not get a May Newsletter although my AAA membership is in my BW account file. So I just now phoned BWR to inquire, where I got a rep who agreed to register me for your version, but she did not say whether I was targeted. So thanks--just in case I have 2 or more BW stays this summer!
Old Jun 13, 2018, 11:54 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold (1st choice) BW Diamond (2nd)
The link for the additional 2k is bestwestern.com/summercombo2k

the terms and conditions says u need to be preselected for the promo (a friend received a postcard in the mail to register using that link). I didn't get one but signed up anyways and says I'm registered. I don't really care if it doesn't work as a 20 dollar GC ain't much to lose anyways. He doesnt even stay at BW except for like 2 or 3 times a year nor is he part of AAA. So yeah...thats the link and register at your own risk.
sdsearch likes this.

Last edited by jm1991; Jun 14, 2018 at 12:40 am
Old Jun 15, 2018, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jm1991
The link for the additional 2k is bestwestern.com/summercombo2k

the terms and conditions says u need to be preselected for the promo (a friend received a postcard in the mail to register using that link). I didn't get one but signed up anyways and says I'm registered. I don't really care if it doesn't work as a 20 dollar GC ain't much to lose anyways. He doesnt even stay at BW except for like 2 or 3 times a year nor is he part of AAA. So yeah...thats the link and register at your own risk.
Here's what really goofy: I got a postcard in the mail too, and it doesn't mention my AAA membership. But was weeks after I registered for the AAA version which works the same. So why are they are targeting me two different ways (the AAA version by emails and the non-AAA version by a postcard)?

Also, in case you're looking for it, the postcard comes in an envelope with an Incredibles 2 ad taking up more of the envelope space than the BW logo. So don't toss it out think it's a Disney Pixar mailing!
Old Jun 20, 2018, 12:53 am

Just received my postcard from CAA (AAA in Canada), went to website to register and received an Unknown Error Occurred While Signing up. I suspect that is related to me signing up for the vanilla $20 offer a week or so ago.

Safe Travels,

James
Old Jun 20, 2018, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by j2simpso
Just received my postcard from CAA (AAA in Canada), went to website to register and received an Unknown Error Occurred While Signing up. I suspect that is related to me signing up for the vanilla $20 offer a week or so ago.

Safe Travels,

James
Yes, you can only sign up for one version of the offer online.

You may want to call up BW on the phone (voice), explain you situation, and see if they can change which promo you're registered for.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 7:10 am

This is really not the best offer
Old Jul 11, 2018, 1:29 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Bonvoy, Choice, IHG
Thanks for posting this! I didn't receive notification of this promo.
Old Sep 30, 2018, 9:01 am

I agree this isn't a great offer

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.