Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Best Western | Best Western Rewards
Reload this Page >

Favorite Best Western/any recommendations for hotels/resorts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2017, 11:34 am
Suspended
Original Poster

any recommendations of Best Westerns around the US to stay at? I always love a place with good views from the balcony room. Thanks
Old Mar 30, 2017, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No balcony rooms AFAIK, no great view, but my favorite is the Best Western Grand Hotel Bryce Canyon City (the newer of the two BWs just outside the entrance to Bryce Canyon National Park). It's a high-rise hotel, but it's got the most fabulous free-to-all-guests breakfast buffet I've ever seen in the USA.

Enter the park down the road and you'll have fabulous views which you could never get from any hotel. Who cares that there are no views from the hotel itself in a case like that?

I'm not sure if you have the right expectations from Best Western. They generally don't have resort hotels AFAIK.

And I don't remember ever being in a Best Western that was tall that had balcony rooms (anyplace other than perhaps in the middle of some ugly city). Yes, lots of two-story Best Westerns have balcony rooms, but you typically don't see very far from those. If the grounds are nice, maybe you consider that a nice view?

In case you're not aware, Best Western has a motto that "every hotel is independently owned and operated". But the corollary is just as important: Every Best Western has been individually built, and so no two look quite alike.

But having looked at other posts of yours, I see you're into travel photography (like I am). Well, that's the great thing about Best Western: They often are the only chain (and thus points) hotel near several National Parks in the US. (There are some other National Parks, like Olympic, where Choice has the only points hotel nearby. And still others, like Grand Teton, where WyndhamRewards with Super 8 might have the only hotel available for a reasonable number of points.) That's why I belong to all 3 of those "budget hotel" programs.

So use the "major" chains when you want a hotel with a view of Niagara Falls (I liked Embassy Suites for that), or a resort hotel, but use Best Western for hotels near national parks and other remote areas where Hilton/Marriot/IHG/Hyatt don't reach.

Last edited by sdsearch; Mar 30, 2017 at 6:23 pm
Old Mar 30, 2017, 7:25 pm

Programs: IHG Spire
Kind of feel like I'm wasting my time but, whatever-- I'm no photographer, but BW Plus Island Palms bay view doesn't necessarily suck. I travel all around the country for work, vacation almost always lands in San Diego.

Old Apr 28, 2017, 2:53 pm

Programs: AA mm, Hilton Dime, Hyatt Xpl.& PC Plat, Miracle Fruit-su club
BW Island Palms

Great choice for a balcony view (and their cash rates may be reasonable as well), and also some Partial Ocean View balconies are available on points up in Carlsbad at the BW Plus Beach View

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.