Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reward Levels for free stays

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2017, 7:31 pm
Original Poster

Reward Levels for free stays

Is there a place where it lists what each room type and brand of BW is worth? I have 26000 points and thought about redeeming for free nights stays. But it seems like you purchase free room vouchers to use. But they do not state what brand and what type of room it would be good for.

I can't seem to find explanations on their website either.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 7:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jayta78
Is there a place where it lists what each room type and brand of BW is worth? I have 26000 points and thought about redeeming for free nights stays. But it seems like you purchase free room vouchers to use. But they do not state what brand and what type of room it would be good for.

I can't seem to find explanations on their website either.
It varies from hotel to hotel, and perhaps at some hotels from season to season (the latter I'm not sure about).

So it's not per brand.

No, you don't have to purchase free room vouchers.

Go to the Best Western site, log in, and then search for a hotel selecting the Best Western Rewards Points rate from the rates drop-down (and then clickikng Apply), and then in the search results you'll see how many points each hotel charges per night for your selected date.

And if you have enough points, you can book right then and there.

As to when (and if) they take the points out of your account for the stay, that is the mysterious part. It may happen a while before the stay, during the stay, a while after the stay, and sometimes seemingly not at all. (It's the individual hotel that deducts the points, and that's why this big variation.)

The lowest level I think is 8000 points/night, and the highest seems to be 36000 points/night. But that full range is not available in every area.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 5:08 pm
Original Poster

Thank you!
Old Feb 4, 2017, 5:41 pm
Original Poster

So quick question, it doesn't matter the rate code I choose to book the stay correct? As long as I have the points, when I arrive the room should be 'paid for' by my points?
Old Feb 4, 2017, 6:44 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold (1st choice) BW Diamond (2nd)
So quick question, it doesn't matter the rate code I choose to book the stay correct? As long as I have the points, when I arrive the room should be 'paid for' by my points?
No, you must select Best western Rewards Points on the main page where it says rates. Then when you select the hotel and type of room, it must be the one that says Use best western rewards points. If you chose a paid rate, the property might not allow you to pay with points. Do notice some room types may not be available to book with points such as Suites or even 2queens. Its usually only for standard rooms (whatever the property considers a standard varies by property)
Old Feb 5, 2017, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No!

In addition to what jm1991 already explained, points availability may gone by the time you arrive at the hotel. So you have to "lock in" a points reservation while the hotel has rooms available for points. (Unless there are multiple room types available for points, you can't tell easily whether the hotel has one room left for points, or whether it has lots of rooms available for points.)

So you have to make the decision at booking time whether to use money or points to pay for the room (by choosing either a paid rate or Best Western Rewards Points rate during the hotel search). If it's a cancellable reservation, you can change your mind as long as it's before reservation deadline and if there are still rooms available on points. But if you want to stay on points, you have to have a reservation on points.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 7:46 pm
Original Poster

Nevermind, it seems previously it kept saying no availability. Now I was able to book. Thanks so much for the advice!

Last edited by jayta78; Feb 6, 2017 at 8:09 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.