Wiki Posts
Search

Lower Price Guarantee is a joke

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2015, 3:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: KLM Gold, DL Silver
Lower Price Guarantee is a joke

Just got denied a lower price guarantee as compared on Booking.com with the following language:

Ineligible Rate: Booking.com is selling discounted rates not eligible for the LRG program.

The terms and conditions of the Low Rate Guarantee program state: Affinity Partnership, Association, Corporate, Group, Negotiated, Package (e.g. those including flight, car, etc.), Wholesale, Opaque (i.e., those that do not reveal the hotel name and location until after booking, such as those available on Priceline.com and Hotwire.com), Discount, and Promotional rates are not eligible for the Program.”

And I say, excuse me? The rate is ineligible because it is "discounted"???
Old Jun 17, 2015, 10:43 am

Programs: Aeroplan; Marriott Platinum; IHG Platinum; Best Western Diamond
Originally Posted by iggyray
Just got denied a lower price guarantee as compared on Booking.com with the following language:

Ineligible Rate: Booking.com is selling discounted rates not eligible for the LRG program.

The terms and conditions of the Low Rate Guarantee program state: Affinity Partnership, Association, Corporate, Group, Negotiated, Package (e.g. those including flight, car, etc.), Wholesale, Opaque (i.e., those that do not reveal the hotel name and location until after booking, such as those available on Priceline.com and Hotwire.com), Discount, and Promotional rates are not eligible for the Program.”

And I say, excuse me? The rate is ineligible because it is "discounted"???
So they are saying any rate that is lower than their rate, is a discounted rate, therefore ineligible.

Way to go BW. That's how all the Low Rate guarantee programs should be set up, so they will never have to pay out.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 11:14 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Best Western ranks just one notch above NH Hotels for me, and that's not saying much.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 3:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: KLM Gold, DL Silver
Originally Posted by yscleo
So they are saying any rate that is lower than their rate, is a discounted rate, therefore ineligible.
That's exactly my point.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 9:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP,MR PP,Hyatt Diam, SPG Plat,PC Plat, HH Gold, National EE
Appeal it

I have appealed quite a few times and been successful all the time when it was clearly black and white to anyone with half a brain. I once got rejected using booking.com because it said "Today's Deal" and they argued that it was a special limited time offer. I asked for a supervisor to review it, explaining that it was hype in marketing and it said Today's Deal the day before and the day before that and it will say it again tomorrow. The supervisor reviewed my claim the next day and approved it.
Old Aug 7, 2015, 9:08 pm

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
So BW status matched my Starwood membership and gave me BW Diamond over a year ago.

Never had any stay with them until I wanted to try their low price guarantee program at San Diego for next week.

I found a rate on a competing website and requested to honor the lower rate. They replied back saying the rate their seeing is not lower. I then ask for a screenshot from their end, which they never provided. I continue to email them until they provided a screenshot with the higher rate. I verified and it is higher (during that time).

Later that day the rate went lower again, so I asked again to match the rate, and if they see a higher rate to provide a screenshot in their reply. They replied back by seeing the higher rate and denying my claim without providing a screenshot. They will only provide a screenshot if the rate their seeing is higher.

I then sent an email requesting to cancel my membership. The program is a joke.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 10:44 pm
Suspended

It is aggravating, I agree. I've been turned down for no reason at all. The best one is when they say it isn't the same room but clearly it is. I've had success emailing them back in the evening that same day - somehow then I get a competent person. Daytime is the worst.
Old Aug 11, 2015, 1:54 am

Originally Posted by BillyBaloney
It is aggravating, I agree. I've been turned down for no reason at all. The best one is when they say it isn't the same room but clearly it is. I've had success emailing them back in the evening that same day - somehow then I get a competent person. Daytime is the worst.
Well I can't do that anymore since they actually cancelled my membership . No give us another chance, no nothing .
Old Aug 11, 2015, 3:03 pm

You don't need to be a member of anything to submit a Low Rate Guarantee claim.
Old Aug 11, 2015, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by cedwards22
You don't need to be a member of anything to submit a Low Rate Guarantee claim.
Not staying there without being a diamond member. It seems the claims to submit is just a waist of time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.