Wiki Posts
Search

any cc deal with BW?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2012, 5:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ua S, marriott P, hilton G, ihg P
any cc deal with BW?

Have a trip coming up and most likely I'm going to stay in BW (mia) for a week due to its location. Just wondering is there any credit card deal going on that is associated with BW?
Old Sep 10, 2012, 11:35 am
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by travelsg
Have a trip coming up and most likely I'm going to stay in BW (mia) for a week due to its location. Just wondering is there any credit card deal going on that is associated with BW?
Yes, there's a Barclay's World Mastercard. It's not very good. 5 points/$ at BW, 1 pt/$ elsewhere. Unless you really, really like BW points for some reason, you'd be better off using that credit pull to apply for almost any other card and/or use something like a Chase Sapphire Preferred for 2 UR points/$.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 10:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ua S, marriott P, hilton G, ihg P
Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
Yes, there's a Barclay's World Mastercard. It's not very good. 5 points/$ at BW, 1 pt/$ elsewhere. Unless you really, really like BW points for some reason, you'd be better off using that credit pull to apply for almost any other card and/or use something like a Chase Sapphire Preferred for 2 UR points/$.
Thx.. yes, i agree on the barclays card. well, i'm already over the limit with chase cc game. so have to lay low for a while..
Old Aug 26, 2014, 3:15 pm

Programs: AA mm, Hilton Dime, Hyatt Xpl.& PC Plat, Miracle Fruit-su club
I received this targeted offer (which I didn't notice in my junk folder) shortly after signing up and status matching to diamond October 2013. Anyone else get this?

(Edit*) Just noticed in the fine print, for new Barclays Mastercard customers - I'd just signed up for the Barclays Arrival card the month prior. And the 15 points is the standard offer 5 points plus 10 per dollar spent on any stay.

"Get 16,000 bonus points after your first eligible Purchase or Balance Transfer--enough for ONE FREE NIGHT1
Spend $1,000 within 90 days and earn an additional 48,000 bonus points--that's enough for another THREE FREE NIGHTS!"

Additional benefits include:

15 points per $1 USD spent at Best Western® branded hotels and 1 point per $1 USD spent everywhere else
No annual fee
An upgrade to Gold Elite status after your first eligible purchase or Balance Transfer, or Diamond status when you spend $10,000 within one calendar year

With 64,000 bonus points, you could get as many as FOUR FREE NIGHTS or up to $225 in gift cards. Time is limited, so apply today!"

Last edited by jumpdogjump; Aug 26, 2014 at 3:23 pm
Old Aug 26, 2014, 6:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by travelsg
You can transfer Amex Membership Rewards points to Best Western (at 1:1). Look around the Amex forum to see if any of the Amex MR card signups would work for you.

However: No one card signup is likely to be enough for anywhere near whole week at a Best Western, or any other hotel for that matter. (In no hotel program that I can think of is one credit card signup bonus likely to be enough for more than a few nights at most.)

Last edited by sdsearch; Aug 27, 2014 at 8:40 pm Reason: found out the USA Amex MR to BW transfer ratio is only 1:1, so edited post to relfect that
Old Aug 27, 2014, 8:45 am
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by jumpdogjump
I received this targeted offer (which I didn't notice in my junk folder) shortly after signing up and status matching to diamond October 2013. Anyone else get this?
Looks like the same offer as mentioned in this thread from last year:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...ays-0-fee.html

jumpdogjump, no one was aware of a working link to this offer. If you are comfortable with it, feel free to send me a private message with your application link. I'll strip out the personalized part and then post the public link for the rest of FT to enjoy.
Old Sep 8, 2014, 12:27 pm

Programs: AA mm, Hilton Dime, Hyatt Xpl.& PC Plat, Miracle Fruit-su club
Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
Looks like the same offer as mentioned in this thread from last year:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...ays-0-fee.html

jumpdogjump, no one was aware of a working link to this offer. If you are comfortable with it, feel free to send me a private message with your application link. I'll strip out the personalized part and then post the public link for the rest of FT to enjoy.
Unfortunately, my link didn't work anymore, either, and it was swept away.

Last edited by jumpdogjump; Sep 8, 2014 at 12:38 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.