FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Best Western | Best Western Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/best-western-best-western-rewards-416/)
-   -   BW new BRG, match lower rate and get $100 travel card [offer is active again] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/best-western-best-western-rewards/1314368-bw-new-brg-match-lower-rate-get-100-travel-card-offer-active-again.html)

okazon69 Apr 17, 2012 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by dustenm (Post 18356690)
I was wondering if anyone completed a BRG with best western and got the gift card e-mailed or mailed to them how long did it take to arrive? They say 2 to 3 weeks but it this just the maximum time frame or does it really take this long to arrive?

I got a card in the mail last week, about 2 weeks after my stay. The letter accompanying the card was extremely polite and apologetic, obviously written by someone not working in the denials department.

hobo13 Apr 18, 2012 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by okazon69 (Post 18410677)
I got a card in the mail last week, about 2 weeks after my stay. The letter accompanying the card was extremely polite and apologetic, obviously written by someone not working in the denials department.

True. And I got another card this week too.

The best part is doing 3 BRG's and then getting the free night voucher, which finally came this week!

spriteguy Apr 22, 2012 6:05 am

I've had positive experience with the BRG too, at least in getting it approved. I haven't gotten the actual travel cards yet. Everyone at BW has been really polite through the whole process, which is starting make me a loyal customer to BW! (Took advantage of BRG on 4 stays thus far!)

Anyway, wanted to ask if the travel cards you receive have an expiry date on then?

Thank you in advance!

sbbi Apr 22, 2012 10:29 am

Can anyone pls tell me how long it takes to get email target card after checkout, if i choose to receive the card via email? thanks..

hobo13 Apr 22, 2012 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by sbbi (Post 18440331)
Can anyone pls tell me how long it takes to get email target card after checkout, if i choose to receive the card via email? thanks..

I don't think that's an option. Perhaps you are thinking of getting the 'free night voucher' emailed to you for the Stay 3 Get 1 Free promotion.... and that still takes 3 weeks!

MDtR-Chicago May 1, 2012 8:40 pm

Does the $100 travel card expire?

spankytoes May 4, 2012 11:56 am

I'm 2 for 2 on claims thus far.

I originally booked a hotel for 38,000 Club Carlson points, found a BW property even closer to where we want to be for $24.00 cheaper and got the rate knocked down to $95.99. So I'll get a $100.00 travel card + get to keep my CC points for another trip that I'm planning to take to Europe. I'll use the travel card to pay for my next booking...and receive another travel card after I check out from that hotel towards a 1-night excursion in Europe. Great deal!

Also, the BRG travel cards DO NOT expire according to two agents that I've spoken with.

MDtR-Chicago May 4, 2012 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by spankytoes (Post 18514854)
Also, the BRG travel cards DO NOT expire according to two agents that I've spoken with.

Ok, that's exciting... but is there no way to use a travel card to book a pre-pay "Internet Only Rate" ? I'd really like to use a TC I already have to pay for the room that gets me the next TC.

EDIT: I called the general customer service number in the US for BW. The rep told me it's entirely up to the hotel how they want to deal with it. You have to pay in full, in advance, to a credit card, then discuss with them at check-in to have a refund to the credit card. Has anyone any experience with this at a US property?

spankytoes May 4, 2012 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago (Post 18515095)
Ok, that's exciting... but is there no way to use a travel card to book a pre-pay "Internet Only Rate" ? I'd really like to use a TC I already have to pay for the room that gets me the next TC.

EDIT: I called the general customer service number in the US for BW. The rep told me it's entirely up to the hotel how they want to deal with it. You have to pay in full, in advance, to a credit card, then discuss with them at check-in to have a refund to the credit card. Has anyone any experience with this at a US property?

I got that same answer when I asked the question about different currencies.

MDtR-Chicago May 29, 2012 6:34 pm

...only one (1) Travel Card per household during any thirty (30) day period...
Between check-in dates? Between dates when claims are approved?

dencoflyer May 30, 2012 11:37 am

Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago (Post 18663234)
Between check-in dates? Between dates when claims are approved?

Is this new? I don't recall seeing this before...

MDtR-Chicago May 30, 2012 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by dencoflyer (Post 18667341)
Is this new? I don't recall seeing this before...

Hmm, it's been there for at least a month or two, as I recall reading it when I was first using the program.

hobo13 Jun 2, 2012 7:28 pm

We had trouble with getting the final BRG GC. It didn't process automatically, so we had to call to track it down. Eventually, they sent us an electronic version of the GC. Not sure how that will work out, but I assume it's OK.

So overall, we went 4/4 on the BRG. And then got the 2 free nights from the spring promo! Overall, this is a pretty slick deal, considering that you get the stay credit, and thus qualify for promos!

spankytoes Jun 27, 2012 10:16 pm

I'm 3/3 on claims now. I submitted a BRG on behalf of my grandma and it was approved. Rate was knocked down from $172 per night to $70 per night. I'm going to use 1 of my travel cards to cover 1.5 nights on my Pacific Coast Highway trip. The other 2 cards will get me 2 nights in Berlin before we switch to the Radisson Blu. As we won't get into Berlin until 5:30 PM the first day, and are taking a day trip to Herford on Day 2, this worked out perfect for a throwaway hotel.

TallestHotelInJapan Jun 28, 2012 3:29 am

Originally Posted by hobo13 (Post 18420000)
True. And I got another card this week too.

The best part is doing 3 BRG's and then getting the free night voucher, which finally came this week!

And the worst part is that the BRG is only for US residents and hotels in the US (otherwise, you get only a mere 10 % discount)