FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Best Western | Best Western Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/best-western-best-western-rewards-416/)
-   -   BW new BRG, match lower rate and get $100 travel card [offer is active again] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/best-western-best-western-rewards/1314368-bw-new-brg-match-lower-rate-get-100-travel-card-offer-active-again.html)

nacho Feb 15, 12 1:24 am

BW new BRG, match lower rate and get $100 travel card [offer is active again]
 
I got an e-mail today from BW regarding their new BRG. If you find a lower rate they will match the rate + give you a $100 BW Travel card.

It's a shame since it's only for US and Canada residents and it's only for US and Canadian properties.

robertwcook16 Feb 15, 12 7:13 am

I got the same email. Already have filed my first BRG claim this morning. We'll see how it goes. I called it in for a trip this weekend. They said they will call me back within 24 hrs to let me know if it was approved or not. The waiting begins...

robertwcook16 Feb 15, 12 9:40 am


Originally Posted by robertwcook16 (Post 18019126)
I got the same email. Already have filed my first BRG claim this morning. We'll see how it goes. I called it in for a trip this weekend. They said they will call me back within 24 hrs to let me know if it was approved or not. The waiting begins...


UPDATE !!
I heard back from Best Western in approx 2 hours that my claim had been approved. Hopefully this is a sign of a good new BRG that will be supported by Best Western. The claim was for the BEST WESTERN Riverview Inn & Suites Rahway, NJ, US. The rate on bestwestern.com was a cancellable rate of $109/night / on easyclicktravel.com - $89.99/night. Both reps I spoke with were very helpful. I will receive a $100 Best Western gift card after my stay for the claim and my rate was instantly adjusted to the $89.99 rate. I was given the option of them mailing me the card or emailing it to me in a code form. Way to go Best Western....

sdsearch Feb 15, 12 1:44 pm

Claim can be made online or by phone.

Here is a link to the main info page:

http://www.bestwestern.com/lowrates/

Here is link to the T&Cs:

http://www.bestwestern.com/lowrates/terms.pdf

Here is a link to the online claim form:

http://www.bestwestern.com/lowrates/claimform.asp


Originally Posted by nacho (Post 18018165)
It's a shame since it's only for US and Canada residents and it's only for US and Canadian properties.

There is another version for outside North America. It gives a 10% discount on the match price, rather than the $100 gift card. Info here:

http://www.bestwestern.com/lowrates/intl.asp

Int'l T&Cs here:

http://www.bestwestern.com/lowrates/intl-terms.pdf

(The claim form for int'l is the same as the claim form I gave the link for above.)

Obviously, a $100 gift card would not work so well outside of North America because of currency conversion issues. I'm sure that's why the BRG works differently in North America than outside it.

al613 Feb 15, 12 4:26 pm

I have called with a claim and got a call back with approval within 30 min. New rate $76, so, I'll make money on a $100 card :)

Can you book 2 rooms for the same night and get 2 $100 card?

robertwcook16 Feb 15, 12 4:40 pm

I was wondering if you can do more than 1 in a certain amount of time. The terms are slightly vague...

desi Feb 15, 12 4:52 pm


Originally Posted by robertwcook16 (Post 18022944)
I was wondering if you can do more than 1 in a certain amount of time. The terms are slightly vague...

How does $100 Travel Card works?
If you use it for a $90 stay hotel, do you lose $10 or can use it towards next stay?

do not seem to say any limitaion on claims per month
However, given that BW are privately owned, gliches are expected. Even T&C allude that hotel may not honor the matching rate.

desi Feb 15, 12 4:55 pm

al613,
which location was your BW?

al613 Feb 15, 12 5:27 pm


Originally Posted by desi (Post 18023035)
al613,
which location was your BW?

mke downtown

desi Feb 15, 12 6:00 pm

typical BW
 
deleted

robertwcook16 Feb 15, 12 8:13 pm

Another successful claim !! Whole process took about 1.5 hours - submitted claim with online claim form

Best Western Airport Inn - Warwick RI
bestwestern.com rate - $77.70
easyclicktravel.com rate - $65.27



Dear Mr. Cook,

Thank you for contacting Best Western International. We are pleased to
advise that your Low Rate Guarantee claim has been approved. We will
send you an updated email confirmation for your reservation showing your
new rate. Your new rate is $65.27 before taxes.

After you complete your stay, you will be mailed a Travel Card for $100.
You should receive the card after 2-3 weeks. The Travel Card can be
used at any Best Western hotel.

MrHalliday Feb 16, 12 1:50 pm

I do see some claimable rates on easyclicktravel.com (for AUS)
but they are all with cancel penalties, so that would not work well.

sdsearch Feb 16, 12 2:49 pm


Originally Posted by MrHalliday (Post 18028976)
I do see some claimable rates on easyclicktravel.com (for AUS)
but they are all with cancel penalties, so that would not work well.

1. Do you realize you don't need to book the third-party rate (only document how it would be booked)?

2. Although this surprises me (and someone please inform me if I'm simply blind), I cannot find anything in the T&Cs that says the terms (cancel penalty-free vs not) have to be identical between the BW site and the third-party site. (I'm used to such requirements in Marriott's BRG program, which is the only one I've used to date.)

al613 Feb 16, 12 4:20 pm


Originally Posted by sdsearch (Post 18029390)
2. Although this surprises me (and someone please inform me if I'm simply blind), I cannot find anything in the T&Cs that says the terms (cancel penalty-free vs not) have to be identical between the BW site and the third-party site. (I'm used to such requirements in Marriott's BRG program, which is the only one I've used to date.)


It's strange, but I cannot find it as well. I booked BAR with BW and did a BRG on Easyclicktravel.com that was non refundable and they approved it.

darben Feb 16, 12 4:27 pm


Originally Posted by sdsearch (Post 18029390)
1. Do you realize you don't need to book the third-party rate (only document how it would be booked)?

2. Although this surprises me (and someone please inform me if I'm simply blind), I cannot find anything in the T&Cs that says the terms (cancel penalty-free vs not) have to be identical between the BW site and the third-party site. (I'm used to such requirements in Marriott's BRG program, which is the only one I've used to date.)

I was denied I booked a cancelable rate on BW for Hammond, LA and orbitz had a cancelable rate $15.00 cheaper. BW rejected the claim as they have a 30 day advance purchase non refundable that is lower. The agent told me the terms do not have to match they can match the refundable rate to any rate refundable or not. I pointed out the T&C's said
"The rate comparison will be conducted using the same price and/or tax policy" I asked what that meant, agent did not know. She would not connect me with anyone else.

WORTHLESS PROGRAM TO ME


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:42 pm.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.