Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Best Western | Best Western Rewards
Reload this Page >

BW new BRG, match lower rate and get $100 travel card [offer is active again]

Old Feb 15, 12, 1:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott P, IHG P

I got an e-mail today from BW regarding their new BRG. If you find a lower rate they will match the rate + give you a $100 BW Travel card.

It's a shame since it's only for US and Canada residents and it's only for US and Canadian properties.
Old Feb 15, 12, 7:13 am

I got the same email. Already have filed my first BRG claim this morning. We'll see how it goes. I called it in for a trip this weekend. They said they will call me back within 24 hrs to let me know if it was approved or not. The waiting begins...
Old Feb 15, 12, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by robertwcook16 View Post
I got the same email. Already have filed my first BRG claim this morning. We'll see how it goes. I called it in for a trip this weekend. They said they will call me back within 24 hrs to let me know if it was approved or not. The waiting begins...

UPDATE !!
I heard back from Best Western in approx 2 hours that my claim had been approved. Hopefully this is a sign of a good new BRG that will be supported by Best Western. The claim was for the BEST WESTERN Riverview Inn & Suites Rahway, NJ, US. The rate on bestwestern.com was a cancellable rate of $109/night / on easyclicktravel.com - $89.99/night. Both reps I spoke with were very helpful. I will receive a $100 Best Western gift card after my stay for the claim and my rate was instantly adjusted to the $89.99 rate. I was given the option of them mailing me the card or emailing it to me in a code form. Way to go Best Western....
Old Feb 15, 12, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Claim can be made online or by phone.

Here is a link to the main info page:

http://www.bestwestern.com/lowrates/

Here is link to the T&Cs:

http://www.bestwestern.com/lowrates/terms.pdf

Here is a link to the online claim form:

http://www.bestwestern.com/lowrates/claimform.asp

Originally Posted by nacho View Post
It's a shame since it's only for US and Canada residents and it's only for US and Canadian properties.
There is another version for outside North America. It gives a 10% discount on the match price, rather than the $100 gift card. Info here:

http://www.bestwestern.com/lowrates/intl.asp

Int'l T&Cs here:

http://www.bestwestern.com/lowrates/intl-terms.pdf

(The claim form for int'l is the same as the claim form I gave the link for above.)

Obviously, a $100 gift card would not work so well outside of North America because of currency conversion issues. I'm sure that's why the BRG works differently in North America than outside it.
Old Feb 15, 12, 4:26 pm

Programs: PC Pl, UA 1K, CC Gl
I have called with a claim and got a call back with approval within 30 min. New rate $76, so, I'll make money on a $100 card

Can you book 2 rooms for the same night and get 2 $100 card?
Old Feb 15, 12, 4:40 pm

I was wondering if you can do more than 1 in a certain amount of time. The terms are slightly vague...
Old Feb 15, 12, 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by robertwcook16 View Post
I was wondering if you can do more than 1 in a certain amount of time. The terms are slightly vague...
How does $100 Travel Card works?
If you use it for a $90 stay hotel, do you lose $10 or can use it towards next stay?

do not seem to say any limitaion on claims per month
However, given that BW are privately owned, gliches are expected. Even T&C allude that hotel may not honor the matching rate.
Old Feb 15, 12, 4:55 pm

al613,
which location was your BW?
Old Feb 15, 12, 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by desi View Post
al613,
which location was your BW?
mke downtown
Old Feb 15, 12, 6:00 pm

Thumbs down typical BW

deleted

Last edited by desi; Feb 15, 12 at 6:25 pm
Old Feb 15, 12, 8:13 pm

Another successful claim !! Whole process took about 1.5 hours - submitted claim with online claim form

Best Western Airport Inn - Warwick RI
bestwestern.com rate - $77.70
easyclicktravel.com rate - $65.27

Dear Mr. Cook,

Thank you for contacting Best Western International. We are pleased to
advise that your Low Rate Guarantee claim has been approved. We will
send you an updated email confirmation for your reservation showing your
new rate. Your new rate is $65.27 before taxes.

After you complete your stay, you will be mailed a Travel Card for $100.
You should receive the card after 2-3 weeks. The Travel Card can be
used at any Best Western hotel.
Old Feb 16, 12, 1:50 pm

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
I do see some claimable rates on easyclicktravel.com (for AUS)
but they are all with cancel penalties, so that would not work well.
Old Feb 16, 12, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MrHalliday View Post
I do see some claimable rates on easyclicktravel.com (for AUS)
but they are all with cancel penalties, so that would not work well.
1. Do you realize you don't need to book the third-party rate (only document how it would be booked)?

2. Although this surprises me (and someone please inform me if I'm simply blind), I cannot find anything in the T&Cs that says the terms (cancel penalty-free vs not) have to be identical between the BW site and the third-party site. (I'm used to such requirements in Marriott's BRG program, which is the only one I've used to date.)
Old Feb 16, 12, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch View Post
2. Although this surprises me (and someone please inform me if I'm simply blind), I cannot find anything in the T&Cs that says the terms (cancel penalty-free vs not) have to be identical between the BW site and the third-party site. (I'm used to such requirements in Marriott's BRG program, which is the only one I've used to date.)

It's strange, but I cannot find it as well. I booked BAR with BW and did a BRG on Easyclicktravel.com that was non refundable and they approved it.
Old Feb 16, 12, 4:27 pm

Programs: AGR, PC, HH no status as I stopped paying for travel
Originally Posted by sdsearch View Post
1. Do you realize you don't need to book the third-party rate (only document how it would be booked)?

I was denied I booked a cancelable rate on BW for Hammond, LA and orbitz had a cancelable rate $15.00 cheaper. BW rejected the claim as they have a 30 day advance purchase non refundable that is lower. The agent told me the terms do not have to match they can match the refundable rate to any rate refundable or not. I pointed out the T&C's said
"The rate comparison will be conducted using the same price and/or tax policy" I asked what that meant, agent did not know. She would not connect me with anyone else.

WORTHLESS PROGRAM TO ME

Search this Thread