Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Best Western | Best Western Rewards
Reload this Page >

Earn extra AA miles with each stay, Feb. 6 - April 11, 2011

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2011, 5:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter

Between February 6 and April 11, 2011, REGISTER for the spring promotion prior to your first stay and earn 500 AAdvantageŽ bonus miles on your first stay, 750 AAdvantageŽ bonus miles on your second stay, and 1,000 AAdvantageŽ bonus miles for each stay thereafter.

Keep staying and keep earning: There is no limit on the number of bonus miles that can be earned during the Promotion Period.

https://goldcrownclub.bestwestern.co...ptype=american

Also, new members get 250 AA miles just for joining BW Rewards.
Join Best Western RewardsŽ, our FREE rewards program, and set your earning preference to American Airlines AAdvantageŽ miles by Apr. 11, 2011 - new members will earn 250 AAdvantageŽ bonus miles just for joining!
Old Jan 25, 2011, 5:41 am

Programs: Hy Glob,Choice Dia, MR TIT,IHG SPR,HH Dia, Wyn Dia, UA Sil, WN Alis, Hert 5*, National EE
not bad for the 3 stays=free night promo 2.
I think BW might have the best promo right now.
I think they have a GC promo also.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 7:57 pm

the disadvantage with BW is you cant get both membership points and AA miles. For the same period, there is another promo - stay 3 times and earn a free nite voucher. Here is the thread
Old Jan 28, 2011, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by inkaytown
the disadvantage with BW is you cant get both membership points and AA miles.
You seem perhaps a little too HHonors-centric. Compared to HHonors, that's a disadvantage of every other hotel program, because HHonors is the only one that gives Points + Miles.

So I think it's a bit unfair to single out BW for this, when the same is true for SPG, Hyatt, Marriott, Priority Club, Choice, WynhdamRewards, and GoldPoints.

However, most places I look, the price difference between a BW and an HHonors hotel is enough to buy the miles you didn't get outright and still save some money net!

For example, in Santa Ana CA near SNA airport there is a BW Business Plus right next to a Hampton Inn & Suites which was converted from a Radisson some years ago. I can routinely get the BW for $75ish ("Internet only" price which is still always good just hours before the start of the stay!), while on the same days the Hampton next door tends to start around $125+ (and that's with AAA or AARP). If someone else is paying for your stay and they don't mind, ok, but if you're paying (or they mind), $50 seems quite a lot for 100 miles (yes, that's all you get at Hampton if you choose fixed miles)!

(There is an Embassy Suites half a block away too, and you would at least get 500 fixed miles there, but there rates are even higher there than at that Hampton.)
Old Jan 28, 2011, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by inkaytown
For the same period, there is another promo - stay 3 times and earn a free nite voucher. Here is the thread
Yes, but that one's capped at 3 nights.

And what's still unclear is whether, once you do those 3 nights that earn a voucher + 7500 bonus points (if you pay with MC and book at BW's website), and can't get any further points/voucher bonus, can you then switch to this AA bonus for the rest of your stays in this period?
Old Jan 28, 2011, 9:26 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
You seem perhaps a little too HHonors-centric.
You got it my friend
So I think it's a bit unfair to single out BW for this, when the same is true for SPG, Hyatt, Marriott, Priority Club, Choice, WynhdamRewards, and GoldPoints

Since, we were in BW forum, I did'nt wanna refer to the other chain!
However, most places I look, the price difference between a BW and an HHonors hotel is enough to buy the miles you didn't get outright and still save some money net!
I'm with you!
Old Feb 2, 2011, 7:39 pm

Programs: Marriott PLAT
Question...if I change my earning preference to AAdvantage after I made a reservation (WN Rapid Rewards at time of reservation), will the new earning preference be credited upon the stay? I know some hotel programs revert back to the chosen airline preference at time of reservation instead of the stay. Any insight would be appreciated!

Jason
Old Feb 5, 2011, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by jb2001
Question...if I change my earning preference to AAdvantage after I made a reservation (WN Rapid Rewards at time of reservation), will the new earning preference be credited upon the stay? I know some hotel programs revert back to the chosen airline preference at time of reservation instead of the stay. Any insight would be appreciated!

Jason
It should work. The points are posted after you complete your stay and the hotel property completing the transaction. On some of my stays, the hotels charged my card on the day I check in and some times they charge on the day they check out. If you haven't seen any miles or points posted though you have completed your stay and if it has been more than a week, simply call the customer service and they can post it manually for you.

I used to score AA miles earlier and regardless how many nights you stay, they give you only 450 per stay. I changed my earning preference to points rather than miles and I hope the points are more useful and easy to redeem than those miles........
Old Feb 9, 2011, 7:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And what's still unclear is whether, once you do those 3 nights that earn a voucher + 7500 bonus points (if you pay with MC and book at BW's website), and can't get any further points/voucher bonus, can you then switch to this AA bonus for the rest of your stays in this period?
Well, I can now say that once I registered for the 3 nights = voucher+ bonus, the AA bonus totally disappeared from the promos I could regsiter for. (In fact, all other promos disappeared.) So, unless it's going to change later by some miracle, I'd say you can only do one or the other.
Old Feb 15, 2011, 6:59 pm

Location: fort worth, tx AA Gold,Best Western-Diamond, HH- Gold, Marriott-Silver
Well, I can now say that once I registered for the 3 nights = voucher+ bonus, the AA bonus totally disappeared from the promos I could regsiter for. (In fact, all other promos disappeared.) So, unless it's going to change later by some miracle, I'd say you can only do one or the other.
I chose to do the three night stay first for the chance to win the bonus points. They should post tommorrow. Once they are all posted I will try to register for the AA promo and then go to town on that. I'm thinking that if it won't let me register I will open a second BW account with a new email and a different address and hopefully I can register with that one.
Old Feb 15, 2011, 8:22 pm
Original Poster

Last fall I was able to get AA miles AND a free night voucher under similar promos. I contacted BW, and they let me combine promos.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wldtrvlr
I chose to do the three night stay first for the chance to win the bonus points. They should post tommorrow. Once they are all posted I will try to register for the AA promo and then go to town on that. I'm thinking that if it won't let me register I will open a second BW account with a new email and a different address and hopefully I can register with that one.
I'm confused as to what bonus points you think should post tomorrow. According to the details of the stay 3 get 1 promo, it says that any bonus points that come from the different subbrands (BW/Plus/Premier) part of the promo won't post until after the promo period. It's only the voucher and the BW MC parts of the bonus (which you don't need to "win" and don't need to "chance") that should post quickly (but still weeks after the last of the 3 stays).

So the question is, at what point, if you are trying for the long-to-post all-3-subbrands giant bonus, is it safe to switch promos?

Second, as I wrote above, you can't register for the other promo online. It disappears as soon as you register for one of them. So you would to call BW to ask if they can switch for you. Another post here implies they may be. But you should first find out if that'll invalidate any bonuses you haven't earned yet. If all you expect is 6500 bonus points, maybe that's worth risking losing. If you think you have a chance at 650000 points, though, is that much worth risking losing over some AA miles???

Last edited by sdsearch; Feb 17, 2011 at 7:47 pm
Old Feb 17, 2011, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by onthego15
Last fall I was able to get AA miles AND a free night voucher under similar promos. I contacted BW, and they let me combine promos.
Can you please explain the details? Did they let you combine both on the same stays, or did you do the voucher stays first and then the AA stays (or vice versa)?

And was there a long-to-post bonus points aspect to the voucher stay, and did that post even after you'd switched to earning AA miles and to the AA promo? (This time around, the voucher should be emailed to you within weeks, but the 6500 or 650000 bonus points for 2 or 3 different subbrands supposedly won't post until a sweep that will be done after the promo period ends.)
Old Feb 17, 2011, 8:10 pm
Original Poster

Can you please explain the details? Did they let you combine both on the same stays, or did you do the voucher stays first and then the AA stays (or vice versa)?

And was there a long-to-post bonus points aspect to the voucher stay, and did that post even after you'd switched to earning AA miles and to the AA promo?
I was allowed to combine the promos on the same stays. I had only two paid stays at BW last year. I got the free night voucher and a lot of AA miles. I didn't receive any points, just the miles and the voucher. Of course, I was able to get about 2500 AA miles and a free night out of two paid nights, so I am definitely not complaining !

What I recall is that I made a mistake in registering for the promos. I emailed them, and they allowed me to combine the promos.

These current promos may be different, but why not try and see if BW will give you both?
Old Apr 6, 2011, 9:36 am

Programs: AA EXP (1MM), Hyatt, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond
Has anyone had their bonus miles post, and if so, how long does it take for the bonus points to post? I was new to BW and signed up under this promotion. My first stay posted a little bit ago but so far no bonuses. T&Cs say allow 4 to 6 weeks but was wondering if the bonuses usually post quicker.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.