Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Best Western | Best Western Rewards
Reload this Page >

Stay twice between 6/20 and 8/15/10 and earn 1 or 2 Free Night vouchers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2010, 5:32 am
Original Poster

Summer Promotion 2010 - Stay twice between 6/20 and 8/15/10 and earn a free night voucher - (Jun 20, 2010 - Aug 15, 2010) - Best Western RewardsŪ members residing in the United States, Canada or the Caribbean Islands only who register for the Summer Promotion and complete 2 separate qualified stays at any Best Western hotel worldwide between June 20, 2010 and August 15, 2010 will earn a free night voucher. Limit one (1) free night voucher per Non-Elite member/household during the promotion period. Limit two (2) free night vouchers per Elite member/household during the promotion period (one free night voucher earned for every 2 separate qualified stays). Free night vouchers expire December 25, 2010 and may be used at any Best Western hotel in the U.S. or Canada. No substitutions or replacements available. Best Western Rewards enrollment/membership and registration into the Summer Promotion required prior to first qualified stay. A qualified stay is defined as one or more consecutive nights at the same Best Western hotel at a qualifying rate eligible for earning points/miles/credits through Best Western Rewards. Only one check-in/check-out permitted per reservation. Best Western Rewards members who register for the promotion, book a reservation on BestWestern.com, and complete the qualified stays during the promotion period, will earn 250 bonus points. Maximum one (1) online booking bonus. Other restrictions may apply. Offer not valid with any other promotion or discount. Promotion is subject to cancellation or change without notice. Please allow 4 - 6 weeks for delivery of free night voucher(s) from second qualified stay. Free night voucher redemption subject to hotel availability. Free night voucher redemption reservation must be completed by calling 1-800-780-7234. Paper voucher(s) will be mailed to members profile address. Allow 4 ? 6 weeks for posting of bonus points from second qualified stay. All Best Western Rewards program rules apply. See www.bestwesternrewards.com for additional program terms. Each Best WesternŪ hotel is independently owned and operated. Best Western and the Best Western marks are service marks or registered service marks of Best Western International, Inc. Đ2010 Best Western International, Inc. All rights reserved.
Oh, Goody Goody!

There are several different promo codes on your offers page.

Note the household wording.

If you're not a BW Elite, there is a way to become one if you hold status with another chain.

6/15/10 update: I don't recall seeing this gem when I prepared the initial post. It seems to have been added later by BW.
From the Offer Details: Credit Card Bonus: Pay for your stays with your Best Western RewardsŪ MasterCardŪ and earn an additional 1,000 bonus points.
From the T&C: Members that qualify for the Promotion and pay for each of their qualified stays using a Best
Western Rewards MasterCardŪ will receive 1,000 Best Western Rewards bonus points along
with a Free Night Voucher. Maximum one (1) bonus reward.

Last edited by Kohoutek; Jun 15, 2010 at 10:38 am Reason: update to add BW credit card bonus
Old May 3, 2010, 6:59 pm

Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some
This is a great deal for Best Western stays. Considering the high cost of the best Best Western properties, this is equivalent to 12,500 to 18,000 points per stay.

The elite status match offered by Best Western makes this offer one of the best deals ever from BW Rewards.
Old May 6, 2010, 5:41 pm

Programs: DL, CO, Hilton, SPG
Do we need to register for this offer? I can't seem to find it on the BW website. Thanks.
Old May 6, 2010, 5:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 4Health
Do we need to register for this offer? I can't seem to find it on the BW website. Thanks.
Yes, you need to register. Did you log into your account? Click on "My Account", then click "Register for Special Offers".
Old Jun 15, 2010, 10:47 am
Original Poster

Update from the OP

I was reviewing this promo again, to make sure I had all my ducks in a row, as I have some stays coming up.

It appears Best Western added an additional benefit of 1,000 BW bonus points for paying for all qualifying stays with the BW MasterCard.

Here's a link to the T&C pdf: https://goldcrownclub.bestwestern.co...mer10-base.pdf
Old Jun 19, 2010, 10:19 am

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
This is a good deal IF the free cert. can be used at ALL BWs--in contrast to the 16K vouchers of last year!

Perhaps BW has been inspired by Hyatt & Radisson ?!
Old Jun 22, 2010, 11:23 am
Original Poster

Update from the OP

The promo states "allow 4 - 6 weeks for delivery of free night voucher(s) from second qualified stay." I was on the horn with BW on another matter, and I was told BW would be shipping these out around two weeks from your second qualifying stay. ^
Old Jun 22, 2010, 9:31 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Brendan
This is a good deal IF the free cert. can be used at ALL BWs.
+1 AGREED !!

Also from the T&C's which makes me cautious about this promo: "Free night voucher redemption subject to hotel availability."

How is availability determined?
-
Old Jun 23, 2010, 3:00 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
+1 AGREED !!

Also from the T&C's which makes me cautious about this promo: "Free night voucher redemption subject to hotel availability."

How is availability determined?
-
Well, sorry to burst your bubble, but as an intial matter the voucher is not good at ALL BW's -- it is only good at BW's in the USA and Canada, as per the T&C.

Second, I assume that it can be used when an identical base room can be booked on points for a reward stay -- as it is with every other hotel chain under the sun.
Old Jun 23, 2010, 11:33 am
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Can I still earn the free night certificates if I earn Miles instead of Points?

(Can't see anything clear in the T&Cs...?)

Edit: Now that I read it again, the phrase "at a qualifying rate eligible for earning points/miles/credits" seems to indicate I can...
Old Jun 23, 2010, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
Can I still earn the free night certificates if I earn Miles instead of Points?

(Can't see anything clear in the T&Cs...?)

Edit: Now that I read it again, the phrase "at a qualifying rate eligible for earning points/miles/credits" seems to indicate I can...
But you may not be able to earn some of the bonus points associated with the same promo (250 for online booking, 1000 for paying for all stays with BW MC) if you choose to earn miles/credits. Or maybe you will (I can't remember if BW promos for points work when earning base miles or credits or not), but if that's the only time you ever earn points, they'll not be of much use by themselves.

And I notice you're BW Diamond. Be aware that the main benefit of BW Diamond is elite bonus points on stays. But only on points-earning stays. On miles/credits-earning stays, BW Diamond isn't worth much (maybe late checkout, tho that's true of every BW elite level, I think).
Old Jul 11, 2010, 1:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, Starwood Gold
Has anyone actually received the free night voucher? Wondering how long it takes to get the voucher.
Old Jul 11, 2010, 2:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: Migros Cumulus Platinum Hero
Originally Posted by Kohoutek
... may be used at any Best Western hotel in the U.S. or Canada. ...

Makes this "deal" worthless for me
Old Jul 13, 2010, 4:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by camping
Has anyone actually received the free night voucher? Wondering how long it takes to get the voucher.
Originally Posted by Kohoutek
The promo states "allow 4 - 6 weeks for delivery of free night voucher(s) from second qualified stay." I was on the horn with BW on another matter, and I was told BW would be shipping these out around two weeks from your second qualifying stay. ^
I don't have my vouchers yet, but BW has the voucher numbers, if one wishes to book before receipt of the vouchers. The vouchers are being shipped by a third party. The physical voucher is needed for the stay, but not for the reservation.
Old Jul 13, 2010, 10:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Is this going to be good for ANY BW in the US or is it going to be a ripoff like their promo last summer? I got the voucher last year and it was for I believe any hotel at 10K points. (Whatever their lowest level redemption hotel is). It wasn't even good for the dumpy BW at DTW airport. The hawthorne did tell me they would accept it if I wanted to use points in my account to make up the difference between what the voucher was good for and their redemption rate.

I didn't see anything in the fine print on that offer (or in this offer) and last year I made an additional stay at a best western property over a hilton for the voucher and it ended up being worthless to me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.