Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Luxury fleet turnover

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2009, 2:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO-PLT,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Silver, AA ex Platinum, Avis 1st
Luxury fleet turnover

Anybody know what time of the year Avis usually gets new luxury cars? All of a sudden, in my travels within Texas and Louisiana, they are out of luxury cars. Not sold out, "not available".
Thanks!
Old May 24, 2009, 2:18 pm

Programs: UA GS, Avis CHM, Marriott & SPG & PC Plat., Hyatt & Hilton Diamond
I've learned not to rely on such information from the Avis web page.
Old May 25, 2009, 12:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO-PLT,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Silver, AA ex Platinum, Avis 1st
Originally Posted by heffa
How do you reserve a car then? Call the 800 number, or wait till you get there and walk up to the counter? Thanks!
Old May 25, 2009, 1:46 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by heffa
Originally Posted by spineangel
How do you reserve a car then? Call the 800 number, or wait till you get there and walk up to the counter? Thanks!
If there aren't any listed online, the 800# probably won't be any more help. You'd have to speak with a station manager or just go to the counter & ask for a buy-up or upgrade when you show up at the location.
Old May 25, 2009, 8:26 pm

Programs: Avis Chairmans, National Executive, Spirit Elite, Virgin Silver, United Premier
In the locations I was at, there was a wealth of "luxury" cars, from Caddys (both sizes) to Lincolns (both sizes). Might be because its memorial day weekend.
Old May 25, 2009, 9:55 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by flyerman770
Lincolns (both sizes)
Other than the Town Car, what Lincoln are you referring to? I've only seen an MKX (SUV... basically a Ford Edge with some new trim) in a few rare places. I'm hoping you saw either the MKS or MKZ, as I've been wanting to try these out but haven't seen them yet & the TC is horrible.
Old May 26, 2009, 8:21 am

Programs: Avis Chairmans, National Executive, Spirit Elite, Virgin Silver, United Premier
Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
Other than the Town Car, what Lincoln are you referring to? I've only seen an MKX (SUV... basically a Ford Edge with some new trim) in a few rare places. I'm hoping you saw either the MKS or MKZ, as I've been wanting to try these out but haven't seen them yet & the TC is horrible.
I got the MKS (i think). I had a red one fully loaded in LGA with 300 miles on it...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.