Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avis Fleet List (US & Canada Cars by Class)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2014, 7:45 am

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
Spotted two Infiniti Q50's at the SYR Avis on Friday while I was returning my car.

The return attendants were enjoying sitting in it
Old Mar 11, 2014, 1:35 pm

Hi all, first time poster and frequent traveller.

I'll be doing a bunch of stops on my next trip leaving from SFO and unfortunately the job only permitted Intermediate sedan class.

Anyone have input on what would be the most comfortable ride out on the highway? (probably 1-3 hours between stops, gonna be a long business trip)

•Class C: Intermediate
Avis Example: Chevrolet Cruze
Chrysler 200
Dodge Avenger
Hyundai Elantra (Port St, San Fran... 2 line report here)
Kia Forte
Nissan Sentra
Subaru Impreza
Toyota Corolla
Volkswagen Jetta
Old Mar 11, 2014, 3:12 pm

Avis Fleet List (US & Canada Cars by Class)

I prefer the Jetta or Cruze from this list. I would take them on the highway any day and any distance.
Old Mar 11, 2014, 3:13 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Avis President's Club, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by BRoss97
Anyone have input on what would be the most comfortable ride out on the highway? (probably 1-3 hours between stops, gonna be a long business trip)
Jetta, then Impreza.

Do you have any status with Avis (i.e., do you qualify for a 1- or 2-class upgrade)?

Last edited by QSilver; Mar 11, 2014 at 3:13 pm Reason: typo
Old Mar 11, 2014, 3:17 pm

Hello there. Any info of the available cars as of today of the Full Size/Group E category at MIA? From what I have read options are Toyota Camry and Ford Fusion. Any other that you might know first hand?
Old Mar 11, 2014, 9:57 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BRoss97
Hi all, first time poster and frequent traveller.
Welcome to FT! Hopefully you find us a useful bunch and stick around enough to become a regular here.

My recommendation: Sign up for Avis Preferred and see if you can use a "free upgrade" coupon code found on the 'net somewhere (not a sure-fire way to get a full size, but doesn't hurt!).

From the intermediate list, it really depends on the amenities of the specific car (I'd take a loaded Focus/C-Max/other over a base Corolla). And lower mileage should be better than something that's been a rental beater for 30k. However, going specifically by the list without mileage/trim levels, I'd have to say either of the Koreans: Hyundai or Kia sedans.

And since you're at a large airport, they should have a Select & Go aisle. They should have an assortment of cars (even full size) and possibly an SUV or two that you can pick from instead of just a car.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:32 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Avis President's Club, IHG Platinum
We should update Class H Luxury to note:

Infiniti G / Q50
Infiniti M / Q70
Old Mar 12, 2014, 5:19 pm

Also considering the Kia Spectra hasn't been built in years we can take that off Compact. Also 7 passenger SUV the Jeep Commander has been dead for years. And in standard SUV Mitsubishi Endeavor and Suzuki XL7. All of these have been gone for many years.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 11:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mittencuh
Also considering the Kia Spectra hasn't been built in years we can take that off Compact. Also 7 passenger SUV the Jeep Commander has been dead for years. And in standard SUV Mitsubishi Endeavor and Suzuki XL7. All of these have been gone for many years.
Thanks! I'll go update them now.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
Thanks! I'll go update them now.
Awesome! Thanks for keeping it updated ^
Old Mar 15, 2014, 4:00 pm

Can anyone comment on BMW Z4. I'm assuming its the lowest model... any options fitted?
Old Mar 15, 2014, 4:30 pm

I've only seen a few Z4s but they did have the technology package and cold weather package. But yes it was the sDrive 28i.
Old Mar 17, 2014, 11:45 am

Programs: UA Platinum. 1MM IHG Platinum. National EE. Hertz PC
Hi all,

When renting a Premium, which of the cars tend to come loaded with the most options?

Going from SFO to RNO. I do that drive once a quarter and have learned NOT to get the CC, the road noise guarantees a headache.

Thanks!
Old Mar 17, 2014, 12:12 pm
Original Poster

Has anyone been in a new Impala yet? I was in ATL last week & they told the lady in front of me: "I see you've booked full-size. We can give you a free upgrade to a CC or a new Impala, both of which are premium cars." I'm kinda surprised the Impala would be premium... but the Taurus/300 is. I also don't trust employee lingo sometimes (like when they give you a car with 5,000 miles and say it's "brand new").

Originally Posted by hafamaca
Can anyone comment on BMW Z4. I'm assuming its the lowest model... any options fitted?
Of the 2 I've had, they seemed pretty bare. They had GPS, but no heated seats/other amenities I'd expect in a "premium" car.

Originally Posted by putney
Hi all,

When renting a Premium, which of the cars tend to come loaded with the most options?

Going from SFO to RNO. I do that drive once a quarter and have learned NOT to get the CC, the road noise guarantees a headache.

Thanks!
Really depends. You can get anything from a Taurus/300 that's bare to an MKZ that's loaded. Depends on the location/what they have in stock at that moment. Going one-way, you might not have many options from them.
Old Mar 17, 2014, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
Has anyone been in a new Impala yet? I was in ATL last week & they told the lady in front of me: "I see you've booked full-size. We can give you a free upgrade to a CC or a new Impala, both of which are premium cars." I'm kinda surprised the Impala would be premium... but the Taurus/300 is. I also don't trust employee lingo sometimes (like when they give you a car with 5,000 miles and say it's "brand new").
The new Impala is a PCAR with National (and I think the LTZ is even PXAR). I saw a new Impala LS on a Hertz lot and they had it tagged F (although it was *really* bare-bones...). So I guess it could go either way.

-J.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.