Community
Wiki Posts
Search

My first intro to a "Chairman"

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2008, 9:59 pm

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
Originally Posted by tstrike
Been renting from Avis everyweek since Feburary (almost every week and thats no joke)....

How do I get invited into the Presidents Club?
CO offers it with the PresPlus Chase Card @ $375/year (but they throw in some other stuff too)
Old Apr 15, 2013, 10:57 am

Programs: Delta DM, United GS, Avis CHM, Hertz GP
I have been a Delta Private Jets card holder for close to a year now. I love the program and the service it offers - both for private travel and commercial.

Along with it, I could register for Avis CHM. After a few months of usage, I found a big caveat.

Not sure if this is because I am going through DPJ to get the status, but whenever I try to use the AWD number that identifies me as CHM, my rate is significantly higher than standard online rates, sometimes even more than double.

In fact, when I put in my AWD number online, I can't even book without making a phone call.

I'm a self employed consultant who sometimes has to book clients on private jets. Otherwise, my business air travel budget annually would probably hit in the lower 6 figures.
Old Apr 15, 2013, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by peace_meal
I have been a Delta Private Jets card holder for close to a year now. I love the program and the service it offers - both for private travel and commercial.

Along with it, I could register for Avis CHM. After a few months of usage, I found a big caveat.

Not sure if this is because I am going through DPJ to get the status, but whenever I try to use the AWD number that identifies me as CHM, my rate is significantly higher than standard online rates, sometimes even more than double.

In fact, when I put in my AWD number online, I can't even book without making a phone call.

I'm a self employed consultant who sometimes has to book clients on private jets. Otherwise, my business air travel budget annually would probably hit in the lower 6 figures.
You can change your default AWD through your account online. Should lower the rental rates.
Old Apr 15, 2013, 3:15 pm

Programs: Delta DM, United GS, Avis CHM, Hertz GP
Awesome. It seems like it is working. Thanks.
If I see any changes over the next few days, I'll be sure to report.
Its funny but the phone agent couldn't get me standard rates either. Only when I reserved the vehicle with a new account I got it.
Old Apr 15, 2013, 5:09 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by peace_meal
Awesome. It seems like it is working. Thanks.
If I see any changes over the next few days, I'll be sure to report.
Its funny but the phone agent couldn't get me standard rates either. Only when I reserved the vehicle with a new account I got it.
Yeah, the CHM status should be linked to your Wizard #, not AWD. I reported in another place (after having the same issues you describe): Have them remove the AWD associated with your account. Then when you go to Avis.com, you can put in any (that you're eligible for) and find the best rate and book with that.
Old Apr 19, 2013, 12:30 am

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
I play around with AWD numbers all the time, both when using avis.com and by calling the Chairman's Desk. When I call the desk, they are always cool about it. Sometimes I use the AWD number tied to my original nomination, and sometimes I use one of my corporate or association numbers. Since I used to do consulting, there are several which I use legitimately, and it just depends on what number gives me the best rate. Sometimes there is only literally a buck or two difference, and other times the difference is HUGE, as in $175 less for a weekly in HNL, where I am going in May. The rate there dropped from $383 a/i to $208 a/i. I was both amazed and happy about that one. Rare, but very welcome.
Old May 4, 2013, 1:23 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Originally Posted by drzoidberg
You can change your default AWD through your account online. Should lower the rental rates.
I have used several AWDs with my membership. The only variance I have seen is with the refueling rate. Most AWDs allow for the prepaid gas rate to apply, but a couple bump you back to normal pricing. During the reservation process, the gas rate does not display, but it is on the pickup slip. I highly recommend checking which rate applies at pickup.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.