Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avis First dedicated reservation phone number?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2008, 10:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM
Avis First dedicated reservation phone number?

I noticed today on the Avis First FAQ that one of the benefits is:

"An exclusive, toll free, reservation number line to assist with any questions or needs you may have with regard to your rental."

I've been Avis First for a year or so don't recall ever seeing this number nor could I find it on the Avis First website.

Does anybody know what this number is? Thanks!
Old Jun 28, 2008, 10:17 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Is it on the back of your Avis First card? I don't have my card with me, so I don't know if it's there or not, but if there is a number, I would think it would be there.
Old Jun 28, 2008, 3:12 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver
The toll free number is on the back of the card.
Old Jul 22, 2008, 10:46 am

...which works wonders *if* they actually sent you a card.
Old Jul 23, 2008, 4:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
800 331 1200
Old May 18, 2009, 4:10 pm

Programs: United Premier, Avis First, Marriott Platinum
boy, it sure would be nice if they mailed a membership card out... it would also help if they told me that i had to "activate" my avis first status on a separate website to begin accruing rental credit towards the free weekends. i've lost 3x rental credits already!

anyone know if there is any way at all to recover credits "earned while inactive status?"

the more i interact with avis lately, the more i am getting peeved at their shoddy handling of the details...

thanks for posting that phone number though... i need to call them and find out why the past 5 months of car rentals have not credited any mileage to my account.
Old May 19, 2009, 8:32 am

Programs: AAdv PLT, Priority PLT, Marriott PLT, Hyatt Dia, HHonors Gold, Avisfirst
Avisfirst number that I use:
1 800 352 7900, press 4, (this is for billing) . Give your wizard number to the operator and proceed as needed.

They'll make reservations, and will deal with your situation (Avisfirst coupons etc) as well.

Last edited by desperado123; May 19, 2009 at 1:56 pm
Old Jul 8, 2009, 3:15 pm

Programs: United Premier, Avis First, Marriott Platinum
ineligible AWD

Originally Posted by scootle
thanks for posting that phone number though... i need to call them and find out why the past 5 months of car rentals have not credited any mileage to my account.
hrm. as it turns out, our corporate AWD code does not allow (ineligible) mileage to be claimed from rentals. anyone else have this situation?

sucks, but oh well.

-e
Old Apr 25, 2011, 6:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K, UA .53 MM, Marriott Gold, Nexus, GE, TSA Pre, Hertz PC
That's correct...I have 18 or 20 rentals that are ineligible for about 2,500 Mileage Plus RDMs per rental.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.