Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Check the balance of your bills - short mileage rental

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2008, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA plus

Had a rental from DFW about a month ago. Showed the fuel receipt when returnibg the car (had driven about 70 miles total), glanced at the receipt to be sure there wasn't any dollar amount for fuel and went on my way thinking I was set.

When I received the online copy of the receipt, I happened to look at it and noticed that the fuel charge was now listed. I compared the receipts found that the total hadn't changed and was actually charged all along but didn't notice as it wasn't displayed as a line item, although it was in the total.

This means that I was being charged for the fuel all along, even in the garage when showing the guy my receipt, but they conveniently suppress the line item display of the dollar amount so the renter isn't aware of what is going on.

I wonder if it was just a one-time or others have had similar experiences with charges being included but not displayed on the bill
Old Apr 29, 2008, 9:49 am
cpx

Programs: Many
I do not see any fuel charges on my statements.... but none of my recent rentals (past 12 months) were in US.

In your profile, check the "Fuel Service Option" and make sure its not checked.
Old Apr 29, 2008, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA plus
Originally Posted by cpx
I do not see any fuel charges on my statements.... but none of my recent rentals (past 12 months) were in US.

In your profile, check the "Fuel Service Option" and make sure its not checked.
this wasn't fuel service option - its the new flat rate charge if you rent and drive less than 75 miles. You are automatically charged the fee unless you show the gas receipt.
Old Apr 29, 2008, 10:47 am

Programs: AA Plat
My past few rentals, I've allowed the FuelService charge and the $10.50 always shows up in my receipt (printed and online).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.