Old Apr 19, 2008, 2:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP
One Way Rental between SEA-YVR

Is there anyway to get a cheaper rate?

Pick up: JS1 in Seattle, WA
Drop off: COQ in Coquitlam, BC, Canada

Dates: May 23 9am - May 24 9am.

Best rate I can find is $101.69+taxes=$121.19 for unlimited miles.
Old Apr 19, 2008, 3:20 pm

Programs: AA EP, OZ Diamond, WS Plat, Avis CHM, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist
That's actually not too bad, but you may try picking up at SEA instead - normally they will have a larger section of BC-tagged cars that need to go back up. In the local stations, it's normal for them to shuttle the canadian cars back to the SEA to anticipate for the one-way traffic between SEA-YVR.

Just another note to be careful with, if you're a Canadian Citizen, you're not allowed to drive a US rental vehicle into Canada - on paper. Practically speaking, I've heard that sometimes it's enforced, and other times it's not - depending on who you get.

In any case, you are better off with a BC-plated car anyway (SEA usually has a quite a few on the lot) for this reason alone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.