Wiki Posts
Search

USAA Members BEWARE

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2007, 10:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Nut
USAA Members BEWARE

Just got off the phone with customer service about a car rental this weekend. According to the agent I spoke with USAA and Avis recently redid their contract and had original stated that USAA members would be given the GARS charge. This charge is for government rentals. The agent I spoke with said this was because many government employees were using there USAA membership to side step the GARS charge. They are in the process of changing the system but as of yesterday it was still incorrect. Sounds like this change happened in the last couple of weeks. If you have a problem call customer service and let them know and they will fix your paperwork and reverse the charges.
Old Oct 26, 2007, 5:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat (4 MM), SPG LT Plat (Bonvoy doesn’t exist to me), HH Diamond via cc, Hyatt Globalist
YMMV... I just returned a 1 day rental on Wed, 2nd one in the last 8 days or so. Both had my USAA AWD in there, and neither had the GARS charge added to the bill.
Old Oct 29, 2007, 9:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Nut
Hopefully that means it got fixed. Sounds like they were in the process of updating the system when I called last Monday.
Old Oct 29, 2007, 9:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
I'm USAA and have no clue what you guys are referring too?
Old Nov 12, 2007, 9:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott
Yeah, I just usually decline everything and figure USAA + AMEX covers the insurance stuff
Old Nov 16, 2007, 7:23 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Plat
Thanks for the tip now if I could find an affordable minivan for Hawaii

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.