Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avis offers E-Reciepts to all

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2007, 1:14 pm
Original Poster

Avis offers E-Reciepts to all

We have discussed this, and its been ongoing since last year, but on valentines day avis announced in trade journals that anyone can elect to get e-reciepts if they so desire.

http://www.fleet-central.com/arn/t_i...&storyID=27271

Avis Introduces Automatic E-Receipts

February 14, 2007

Avis Rent A Car System LLC has announced that customers can now obtain "e-Receipts," a paperless alternative to rental receipts.
Customers who have provided an email address in their rental profile and have used their Avis Wizard number at the time of rental will now have a record of their transaction automatically e-mailed to them within 24 hours from the time of the vehicle's return. Customers will still receive a paper receipt when the rental vehicle is checked in.

Customers who do not have a rental profile but wish to receive an e-Receipt can do so by contacting Avis Customer Service at 800-352-7900 or [email protected]. To create/update a rental profile, Avis customers should visit the "My Avis" section of www.avis.com.

so good news to road warriors.
Old Mar 7, 2007, 5:49 pm

Programs: ac elite, ua pre exc, ic plat, hh diamond
Well I just hope it works. Most of the times the agent can not even print the receipt from the portable printer and I had to get it from the counter.
Old Mar 7, 2007, 9:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by kenwood33
Well I just hope it works. Most of the times the agent can not even print the receipt from the portable printer and I had to get it from the counter.
Most times? I've had it happen twice in my last hundred rentals.

I wouldn't walk away without being checked out. I'm too paranoid about unwarranted fees.
Old Mar 8, 2007, 4:19 am

Programs: United GS/2MM, DL*P, VS*G, AA*EXP, Avis CHM, Hertz Platinum, Sixt*D, HH*D, HGP*P, Starwood*P
The e-receipts have been happening for several weeks and are great. I have the receipt on my BBerry before I even get in the valet car back to the terminal.
Old Mar 8, 2007, 4:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Originally Posted by stevenshev
The e-receipts have been happening for several weeks and are great. I have the receipt on my BBerry before I even get in the valet car back to the terminal.
1) Agree, I always have the e-receipts on my blackberry before I'm back to the terminal. I had it within minutes last night and within minutes on Sunday. It's pretty real-time. ^

2) In your experience Avis uses a separate valet car to take you back? They always just take me back in the car I've rented, which I prefer if I have luggage (since I don't have to transfer the bags).
Old Mar 8, 2007, 6:44 am

I've had the e-receipt everytime too. Actually within minutes of me turning the car in...works great.
Old Mar 8, 2007, 6:59 am

Programs: United GS/2MM, DL*P, VS*G, AA*EXP, Avis CHM, Hertz Platinum, Sixt*D, HH*D, HGP*P, Starwood*P
Originally Posted by gleff
In your experience Avis uses a separate valet car to take you back? They always just take me back in the car I've rented, which I prefer if I have luggage (since I don't have to transfer the bags).
That was unclear, wasn't it? Once they used a separate car (combo of a lack of a V sticker and my failing to ask for it straightaway), but I didn't mind. I usually don't have checked bags.
Old Mar 8, 2007, 1:55 pm

Programs: Plat Royal Ambassador/HH Gold/MR Silver/Meliá MAS/Ivory Flying Blue/Basic Eurobonus/Avis Preferred
I have been getting them already since December last year. It works fine. So much better than to get them snail mailed to you.
Old Mar 8, 2007, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by Joeypete
I've had the e-receipt everytime too. Actually within minutes of me turning the car in...works great.
^ Same here
Old Mar 8, 2007, 4:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hotlguy
I have been getting them already since December last year. It works fine. So much better than to get them snail mailed to you.
they have been sending them to select companies of larger accounts since august/september. When I left, they had still not agreed to go to all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.