Wiki Posts
Search

Presidents Club - overriding the under 25 surcharge

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2006, 9:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP (and 3mm), SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Virtuoso, FSPP
Presidents Club - overriding the under 25 surcharge

So I recently became a Presidents Club member (thourgh Centurion) and thought I'd give it a shot.

I rent a lot in Tulsa (small market as you might imagine), and this was the first Presidents club card the employee that I worked with had seen. I found this to be very surprising.

They really went out of there way to get me the car I wanted, the manager met me with the keys, and they pulled the car up right next to the preferred desk (a handicapped spot).

The only downside to the rental is that the agent couldn't figure out how to override the under 25 surcharge. I've had other Avis locations take care of it, but I don't have the paperwork from those rentals accessible. She said if I could find the paperwork she could copy the codes off of that rental.

So I guess my question is: does anyone know of a CDP code that will override the under 25 surcharge, or any other advise?

Thx.
Old May 17, 2006, 10:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP (and 3mm), SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Virtuoso, FSPP
I may have found the answer to my own post, but I'm going to leave the question in case there is any other input out there.

I found this CDP code in the list on the "Avis Discount code" thread

It claims to be the underage discount rate code: K250544
Old May 18, 2006, 9:37 am

Programs: Plat AA,CO and Delta, Avis First
DIDnt know there was a under 25 discount code.

My daughter Rents alot and she pays outrages Fees
Old May 22, 2006, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
(Most?) Corporate accounts waive under 25 fees.

Just sign up for an account here:
https://www.avis.com/AvisWeb/JSP/US/...s/sbp_info.jsp

You'll want to verify, of course, that under 25 driver fees are waived but my recollection is that they are.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.