Weekend-er, rent a week, get a free weekend

Not too useful for me, as all my rentals don't have a Saturday night

Register here:
http://www.avis.com/AvisWeb/JSP/US/e...eekender05.jsp

Avis Weekend-er

Where will your weekends take you?

Rent for a week, get a free weekend.

Terms and conditions:
Offer valid when customer registers with Wizard number for the promotion at avis.com, or by calling 1-800-722-5909, and then completes one (1) Qualified Rental from Avis in the U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands between now and 6/25/05. A Qualified Rental is defined as a paid rental of a minimum of five (5) consecutive rental days, including a Saturday night. Customer must have a Wizard number to qualify. A Wizard number can be obtained by registering at avis.com or by calling the 800-number above. After one (1) Qualified Rental, customer will be mailed a certificate for two (2) consecutive weekend days free* of time and mileage charges on a rental commencing no later than December 16, 2005. *Taxes, consolidated facility charges ($10/contract in California), concession recovery fees, other surcharges and optional items may apply and are extra. Certificates for free days are redeemable at participating locations in the U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands only, except not valid at Newark, LaGuardia and JFK airports or at any metropolitan NY location. Customers may earn up to three (3) certificates during the promotion. Offer open to residents of the U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands only. Certificates are redeemable on car classes B (Compact four-door) through E (Full Size four-door). Redemption of award certificate(s) is subject to vehicle availability. Redemption of award certificate(s) must be made between Thursday and Sunday and cars must be returned by Monday 11:59 p.m. or a higher rate will apply. Advance reservations are required. Award certificates not valid during holiday and other blackout periods including, but not limited to, Easter weekend in AZ and FL, and Thanksgiving weekend. Minimum rental age is 25, but may vary by location. Certificates are not valid with one-way rentals, and cannot be used with any other coupon, promotion or special offer. Certain corporate, association, tour or government accounts may not qualify for promotion. Program terms are subject to change.

Last edited by HankAAFlyer; Feb 14, 2005 at 1:42 pm
Old Feb 19, 2005, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by HankAAFlyer
Not too useful for me, as all my rentals don't have a Saturday night

Register here:
http://www.avis.com/AvisWeb/JSP/US/e...eekender05.jsp

Avis Weekend-er

Where will your weekends take you?

Rent for a week, get a free weekend.

Terms and conditions:
Offer valid when customer registers with Wizard number for the promotion at avis.com, or by calling 1-800-722-5909, and then completes one (1) Qualified Rental from Avis in the U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands between now and 6/25/05. A Qualified Rental is defined as a paid rental of a minimum of five (5) consecutive rental days, including a Saturday night. Customer must have a Wizard number to qualify. A Wizard number can be obtained by registering at avis.com or by calling the 800-number above. After one (1) Qualified Rental, customer will be mailed a certificate for two (2) consecutive weekend days free* of time and mileage charges on a rental commencing no later than December 16, 2005. *Taxes, consolidated facility charges ($10/contract in California), concession recovery fees, other surcharges and optional items may apply and are extra. Certificates for free days are redeemable at participating locations in the U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands only, except not valid at Newark, LaGuardia and JFK airports or at any metropolitan NY location. Customers may earn up to three (3) certificates during the promotion. Offer open to residents of the U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands only. Certificates are redeemable on car classes B (Compact four-door) through E (Full Size four-door). Redemption of award certificate(s) is subject to vehicle availability. Redemption of award certificate(s) must be made between Thursday and Sunday and cars must be returned by Monday 11:59 p.m. or a higher rate will apply. Advance reservations are required. Award certificates not valid during holiday and other blackout periods including, but not limited to, Easter weekend in AZ and FL, and Thanksgiving weekend. Minimum rental age is 25, but may vary by location. Certificates are not valid with one-way rentals, and cannot be used with any other coupon, promotion or special offer. Certain corporate, association, tour or government accounts may not qualify for promotion. Program terms are subject to change.

I called AVIS on Thursday and had a conversation with the Customer Service desk on this exact issue. AVIS is wasting my time with these useless promotions, not only my time but every business traveler as well.

Yes AVIS is the industry leader, but if they plan on staying there they better starting their best customers (road warrior - 80 to 90% of their business) with some respect..... Saturday night stay... what a garbage promotion!!!
Old Feb 26, 2005, 9:31 pm
Suspended

Well, they aren't wasting MY time as a business traveller who happens to take vacations, as well! All work and no play makes Peter a dull boy, you know!

I just want to know whether Avis is the only car rental company with this sort of promotion! Answers?

Thanks!
Old Mar 2, 2005, 2:29 pm

Programs: MR PL, Hyatt GP Diamond, HH Gold, UA Silver, WN A-LIst, National EE
I agree with NJUPINTHEAIR. I sometimes have work that requires a stay to include a Saturtday night, and likely have some travel that I could rearrange to include such. My issue is that I would rather not rent from Avis, if given the option. I would prefer Hertz, but it doesn't look like they have matched this offer. Anyone know if they have?

Stevekoe
Old May 31, 2005, 11:24 am

Weekend-er, rent a week, get a free weekend

It took about two weeks to receive the free weekend coupon after my rental. (Returned car 5/16 received coupon 5/31.) The coupon is not transferable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.