Wiki Posts
Search

Getting the class you reserve?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2004, 9:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA 1MM; Hilton Diamond
Getting the class you reserve?

I recently reserved a "premium" car on avis.com, but when I went to pick it up, they didn't have any premiums. I finally accepted the "upgrade" to an SUV. Of course, I hate SUV's and it didn't have XM radio, so it wasn't much of an upgrade. Is it unreasonable to expect them to have the car I reserved available, especially when the SUV was listed as "unavailable" when I reserved the car? All I wanted was the XM radio. Is it worth complaining about?
Old Sep 26, 2004, 11:49 am
In Memoriam, Original Member

When that happens to me they change my price back to a mid-size before upgrading me to an SUV or Mustang or something...
Old Sep 26, 2004, 6:09 pm

Programs: Co Plat - Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by SuperSnoop
Is it worth complaining about?
I think it is- if they wanted to give you an upgrade.... what about a Caddy??? It has XM and you would have been given a true upgrade. I would have asked to speak to the manager...
Old Sep 27, 2004, 8:12 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by SuperSnoop
Is it worth complaining about?
I only complain about the price if it is my money on the line. When travelling for business I will complain about the car if it isn't to my liking but since the $$ isn't coming out of my pocket I won't make them adjust the rate. Besides our corporate rates are amusing. I always reserve a full size because our corp rate is $X for a mid-size but our corp rate for a full size is $X+1. No sense in getting stuck with a really small for a $1 less.
Old Oct 20, 2004, 9:06 am

I find it damn annoying when they do not have the class of car I reserved and stick me in something I hate to drive. I had a nice run going at SFO where I would reserve a car with XM and end up with a damn mini-van. Each time I had to fight a lot longer than needed to get a decent ride.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.