Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 24, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
As of 2/12/14: We've had quite a few "Hey, come use this AWD. It's great" type of posts. When the AWD doesn't give a good discount, but is only posted to try to get renters to use the AWD of someone so the poster can earn free days from their Avis Corporate account. From here out, please put the company/trade group/etc that's associated with the AWD or we'll delete the post to keep it on-topic here.

Status Match &/or Complimentary Status
(only public matches posted where Avis or entity post public links - certain corporations also offer upgrades - they are not listed since they are not public)

Status Match
  • (Not applicable to residents in the US and Canada) link here
President's Club (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 100k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United Club Infinite, Presidential Plus Business/Consumer, & Business Card primary Cardmembers (link here)
  • United MileagePlus members with Premier Platinum or status or higher (link here)
  • Aeroplan 75K and Super Elite Members as well as the Primary Cardholder of an Aeroplan premium credit card (link here)
  • Hawaiian Air Pualani Platinum members (link here)
  • Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer Solitaire PPS Club and PPS Club members (link here)
  • American Express Platinum card holders (outside USA) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite or Black cardholders (Europe, Turkey, & CIS) link here
  • Bank of America® Premium Rewards® Elite Visa Infinite (benefits link here)
  • Lincoln Black Label members (link here)
  • Inspirato members (link here)
  • THIRDHOME members (link here)
  • SouthernSun Black Status Members (South Africa) (link here)
  • DNB Mastercard Upgrade cardholders (Norway) (link here)
  • XO Access Members (link here)
Preferred Plus (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 60k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United MileagePlus Premier Silver and Premier Gold members (link here)
  • Aeroplan 25K, 35K and 50K Members and primary cardholders of an Aeroplan core credit card (link here)
  • Etihad Guest Gold Members (residing in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite card holders (US based) link here
  • Visa Infinite card holders (US & Canada based) (link here)
  • American Express Platinum Cardholders (US Based) link here
  • CLEAR Plus members (link here)
  • Founders Card Members (link provided after joining)
Print Wikipost

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2007, 5:12 pm

Hi,
I am going to Curacao on vacation next Saturday for a week. Which Avis coupon should I use to get the best deal? I'm happy to hire the cheapest compact car as we're not going to do too much driving.

thanks,
R

Last edited by rediffusion; Apr 15, 2007 at 5:39 pm
Old Apr 16, 2007, 12:22 pm

can anybody help?
thanks,
R
Old Apr 19, 2007, 5:35 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
Avis Coupons have Disappeared from Entertainment Card Site!

All of the Avis coupons (some that have repeatedly saved me a significant amount of money) have disappeared and been replaced by a single significantly less useful (actually useless to me) coupon that requires you to rent a GPS unit to get a free one car class upgrade.

For frequent Avis renters, this could be a bad sign for the future with Avis - fewer good discounts to be offered?
Old Apr 19, 2007, 7:42 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AA-PlatPro, B6-Mosaic
Best code for full size SUV from JFK in June for a week

Does anyone have a code that will give a good rate on a full size SUV rented from JFK on June 12 for 7 - 9 days? The rates are so high, but we have a lot of people so we want to get the SUV if we can get a good rate on it. Thanks in advance for any advice!
Old Apr 22, 2007, 1:54 am
Suspended

Avis Code from Australia

I use this code P382630. It from the Engineers Australia. Reduces the rates, esp. in Europe very nicely. Never been asked for proof even if I could.

Also, does anyone has experience what to do, in regards to membership levels, when moving around the world. I live on and off at different continents.
I was given Avis First, as I do have a US adress, but am not reachable there due to work overseas. Are the weekend coupons only good in the US??
And still, I can not enter the Avis First site, despite multiple emails and phonecalls. Any suggestions??
Old Apr 22, 2007, 4:36 pm

Programs: amex
Free weekend day coupon

http://www.avis.com/AvisWeb/html/bri...rdweekend.html
Old Apr 23, 2007, 3:31 pm

Are you renting in Anchorage?

Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
I'm planning on going to Alaska in the fall for a few days before our cruise departs. I've found that the Florida Visitors Bureau code (J868801) gives me the best rates (about 30% off of my corporate rate that can be used for personal use). When I use the code at Avis.com, it does not prompt me to use the AWD I entered or the one associated with my account, it just accepts it. So, I have 2 questions. Do you think I'll be questioned with this code in Anchorage? Also, will my preferred select/avis first benefits apply (possible upgrade, skip the counter, etc)?

Thanks in advance!
If you are renting at ANC, then preferred benefits do not apply. The AVIS facility at ANC is a franchise. They don't ask any questions on the AWDs used. I used a certain corporate code to get a pretty good deal. Let me know if you want to use that AWD.
Old Apr 24, 2007, 9:21 am

Programs: AA PLT (Lifetime GLD), Hilton Silver, Marriott Silver, AA Dining VIP
Originally Posted by aussiemate
Does anyone have a code that will give a good rate on a full size SUV rented from JFK on June 12 for 7 - 9 days? The rates are so high, but we have a lot of people so we want to get the SUV if we can get a good rate on it. Thanks in advance for any advice!
Anywhere in New York City will be VERY high. If you can fly into EWR, the price will drop dramatically
Old Apr 29, 2007, 5:48 am

Any experiences with D005150?

I'm pricing a 2wk car rental in Italy. This code saves me €140. Anybody have experience with this code. Can I expect questions when picking up the car?

Originally Posted by spuck20
How about D005150? Anyone have experience with it? Ezmonee?

It appears to be some kind of generic discount for events that have a flight discount through American Airlines ranging from OB/Gyn conferences to weddings. Anyone think I'll have to tell them the specific event I'm in town for?
Old Apr 29, 2007, 9:42 am

Programs: DL,HH Gold,SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, Omni SG
Originally Posted by moneeman
It means a State of Florida employee, but it's actually the Florida State University contract which is made available to all State employees as well as all state college and university employees. I am a Florida public college employee, and have used this code many times. FWIW, I've never been asked for my ID (but always have it ready). The contract specifically allows personal use with this code, so it's no problem to have a boatload of kids in tow. Interestingly, if you use a Wizard number with this code you will get rack rates. I don't know if that's normal or not, but it definitely affects the rates on this code.
You will also loose the Avis itunes, and credit for partner miles, if using state codes.
Old Apr 29, 2007, 7:13 pm

Discount codes in Manhattan?

Are there any discount codes accepted by the Manhattan locations? They do not seem to accept any of the usual free weekend or extra day codes.
Old Apr 30, 2007, 12:02 am

Originally Posted by Joes
Are there any discount codes accepted by the Manhattan locations? They do not seem to accept any of the usual free weekend or extra day codes.
weekends in Manhattan are when the cars are used the most. Everyone rents em to get off the island, escape the urban jungle.

Weekend rates in Manhattan are the highest in the nation, its likely not much discounts can be found for there.
Old May 4, 2007, 9:05 am

Programs: HH Silver IHG Platinum
Why don't they "sticky."
Old May 5, 2007, 5:41 am
Original Poster

Buy Insurance from Avis?

I'm curious to get some input on opinions about rental insurance. For years I've used my favorite code #L093590 which has free LDW with a $3k cap, and also gives me a consistantly good rate without going crazy checking 10 different codes. But lately I've been buying the LDW from Avis from $10 - $15 per day.
I've had a couple co-workers involved in accidents lately with rental cars and I have re-thought the issue:
a) My absolute maximum liability with #L093590 is only $3K. But do I want to put in a claim with my auto insurer for $3K and risk a possible rate increase on
all 3 cars on my policy? Probably not. So I'd have to pay it out of pocket.
b) I consider the free credit card (Amex) insurance a waste as they will not act as a primary insurer if you have other coverage (auto policy).
c) I've found that the LDW insurance is very negotiable at almost all Avis counters. I'm sure it is a very high profit product and it seems the agents are empowered to discount the insurance greatly.
d) I've spoken to the claims dept. at Avis and was told that if you have an accident with their vehicle, and you have purchased LDW, it is pretty much a
"hands off, no questions asked" procedure, unless there was blatant negligence or issues (Drunk driving, etc) involved. Complete the 5 minute accident report and be on your way with a replacement vehicle.

So I'm thinking......I get a good discount with my code....is it worth it for an extra $40-$50 bucks per rental (average 3 - 4 days) to know that if I smash up an Avis car, I can just leave their wreck where it is, and go get another car at the closest airport? No hassle, no claims, no stress. I'm hearing more and more about rental car accidents for some reason and I'm thinking that it may be worth it. Even though for years I've been in the group that considered
LDW to be a total ripoff.

Opinions?
Old May 8, 2007, 8:04 am

Coupons for Philadelphia Rental in June

Does anyone have a coupon with a good rate for a one week rental of a full size car or an SUV to be picked up at the Philadelphia airport in mid June? The Avis websie is showing a cost of approximately $450 for a one week rate. I'm hoping to get a better price than this. A lower price would be better to me than bonus airline miles but I will take what I can get! Thanks in advance for any help.

Texas Traveler

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.