Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 24, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
As of 2/12/14: We've had quite a few "Hey, come use this AWD. It's great" type of posts. When the AWD doesn't give a good discount, but is only posted to try to get renters to use the AWD of someone so the poster can earn free days from their Avis Corporate account. From here out, please put the company/trade group/etc that's associated with the AWD or we'll delete the post to keep it on-topic here.

Status Match &/or Complimentary Status
(only public matches posted where Avis or entity post public links - certain corporations also offer upgrades - they are not listed since they are not public)

Status Match
  • (Not applicable to residents in the US and Canada) link here
President's Club (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 100k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United Club Infinite, Presidential Plus Business/Consumer, & Business Card primary Cardmembers (link here)
  • United MileagePlus members with Premier Platinum or status or higher (link here)
  • Aeroplan 75K and Super Elite Members as well as the Primary Cardholder of an Aeroplan premium credit card (link here)
  • Hawaiian Air Pualani Platinum members (link here)
  • Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer Solitaire PPS Club and PPS Club members (link here)
  • American Express Platinum card holders (outside USA) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite or Black cardholders (Europe, Turkey, & CIS) link here
  • Bank of America® Premium Rewards® Elite Visa Infinite (benefits link here)
  • Lincoln Black Label members (link here)
  • Inspirato members (link here)
  • THIRDHOME members (link here)
  • SouthernSun Black Status Members (South Africa) (link here)
  • DNB Mastercard Upgrade cardholders (Norway) (link here)
  • XO Access Members (link here)
Preferred Plus (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 60k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United MileagePlus Premier Silver and Premier Gold members (link here)
  • Aeroplan 25K, 35K and 50K Members and primary cardholders of an Aeroplan core credit card (link here)
  • Etihad Guest Gold Members (residing in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite card holders (US based) link here
  • Visa Infinite card holders (US & Canada based) (link here)
  • American Express Platinum Cardholders (US Based) link here
  • CLEAR Plus members (link here)
  • Founders Card Members (link provided after joining)
Print Wikipost

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2009, 10:02 am

[Edited by mod - removed references to deleted post]

I was [hoping you could] elaborate on your 3 accidents at Avis and how that relates to LDW cap since you brought it up. I gleaned (based off your lack of response) that each accident was less than 3k in damage; thus not invoking the KellSport LDW cap per se, and therefore not very helpful to better understanding the 'what-if'. If you did incur more than 3k in damages to the vehicle (even better if it's totaled), please advise! Someone is going to eat that excess cost beyond the cap, and if a customer misrepresents himself with a code they are ineligible to utilize, well... it doesn't take a rocket scientist for me to imagine how they may very well turn out. Perhaps Avis is less likely to care than say: KellSport, but I don't pretend to know the ins and outs of their contract with Avis... sufficed to say, there seems to be a risk to utilizing a service such as LDW cap that no one here has completely addressed yet. To complicate things, with MC or Visa LDW ins. there's so many little caveats of what will and will not be covered and I'm pretty sure if it came down to it, misrepresentation would be one of 'em. so I say 'buyer beware'.

Last edited by VPescado; Apr 28, 2009 at 2:05 am Reason: references to deleted post
Old Apr 28, 2009, 2:08 am

Programs: SPG Platinum; Hyatt Platinum; UA 1K
Howdy Folks.

Just a friendly reminder . . .let's keep this thread on the topic at hand - which would be Avis discount codes.

Thanks,

VPescado
Avis Forum Moderator
Old May 2, 2009, 12:34 pm

Programs: LH FTL, Sixt Gold, Avis Pref., Hertz Gold, Marriot Silver, Priority Club, SPG Corp., Hyatt Gold,
Question K44404

I've been reading through the forums and with the exception of the one guy who picked up in Zurich (Avis' city office) and another person who picked up in Athens (not sure where), has anyone had recent (2009) success using the K444404 code in Europe? Specifically Austria? I have a reservation for the end of this month and am traveling with the wife and 6 month old.

I also found G298100 which offers equally good rates, only problem is my reservation is booked for this small Austrian airport and the model I have reserved is now sold out and rates have gone up considerably since I booked nearly 2 months go. So I am hesitant to call and switch the code if K444404 should not be used.

I have a back-up reservation, but again, much more expensive and not the model I requested.
Old May 2, 2009, 12:54 pm

Great info throughout the thread!

The D005297 AWD looks good and is giving great deals, but does it waive the underage fee? I guess I could call up Avis and ask, but if someone here knows that would be great.
Old May 2, 2009, 2:21 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
Originally Posted by pakraider
Great info throughout the thread!

The D005297 AWD looks good and is giving great deals, but does it waive the underage fee? I guess I could call up Avis and ask, but if someone here knows that would be great.
AFAIK, there are no codes that waive the underage fee.
Old May 3, 2009, 12:55 pm

Programs: UA MM/1K, SPG Lifetime Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, Natl Exec Elite
Originally Posted by kirky
W300012
Apparently gets you the following discounts:

UK 10% off best available rate on the day
Europe 10% off Avis SuperValue rentals
I have a backup 'no card' booking with Alamo just in case!!
This code gets me the 2nd best rate I could find for a 3 day midweek rental in Italy - picking up in Florence, returning in Rome (FCO). The only better rate I found is N711304 which is a "contract rate" (but doesn't tell me whose contract) that's quite a bit cheaper - but since no one on this board seems to know anything about the N711304 rate, I'm not willing to take the risk blind.
Old May 3, 2009, 3:15 pm

help asap attn Evan!

Anyone know if they ask for an ID for D005297? We are going to fort myers, fl and need to book a rental asap. Thanks in advance
Old May 3, 2009, 7:36 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by FinsUp99
I'd like to use the Farmer's Insurance A972200 code, but I need to make sure there isn't any kind of requirement (ID, membership, etc). This res will be for the wife and I'm sure she'd crack under pressure if there were any red flags (I'm a better BS artist). BTW...this code beat the Amateur Sports code by about $10/day.

Who has used this code before?

Help anyone? Thanks!
Just want to report back that I used A97220 at SFO last week with no issue. No questions asked. Nothing to show. The agent pulled up the rez and printed the contract.

LAX

PS: I know it's not related to the code, but watch out for those pesky automatic fuel surcharges for driving <75 miles even though I declined all of their fuel options. I got dinged ever so discreetly (had to look at the receipt upon return to find out) and had to go to the counter to get it removed (after showing a gas receipt, though)!
Old May 8, 2009, 10:22 am

Programs: HH, SPG, USAIR, AMEX
N711304 rate

Has anyone had any luck with this "contract" rate code? I used it to make a reservation to pick up a car in Venice in July. Discount is significant! Just hoping that they don't ask for an i.d., etc. Doesn't specify what type of contract. Any help is appreciated. thx
Old May 8, 2009, 12:32 pm

I just used A972200 in Hawaii last week for signifigant savings. As a preferred member, the paperwork was done in advance and my contract was waiting on the board. And as a President's Club member, I was upgraded from a compact to an intermediate SUV (Ford Escape) which made driving around the big island very comfortable!
Old May 10, 2009, 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by seamandrew
I've been reading through the forums and with the exception of the one guy who picked up in Zurich (Avis' city office) and another person who picked up in Athens (not sure where), has anyone had recent (2009) success using the K444404 code in Europe? Specifically Austria? I have a reservation for the end of this month and am traveling with the wife and 6 month old.

I also found G298100 which offers equally good rates, only problem is my reservation is booked for this small Austrian airport and the model I have reserved is now sold out and rates have gone up considerably since I booked nearly 2 months go. So I am hesitant to call and switch the code if K444404 should not be used.

I have a back-up reservation, but again, much more expensive and not the model I requested.

Whose code is K444404? It gives great rates in Europe. The previous code I got the best quote was with K817100 (American Airlines AAdvantage).
Old May 10, 2009, 10:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Plat, NW Plat
Originally Posted by James Bond 007
Whose code is K444404? It gives great rates in Europe. The previous code I got the best quote was with K817100 (American Airlines AAdvantage).
Netjets
Old May 11, 2009, 11:27 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Plat, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond, DL Gold, Avis PC
Seattle to Vancouver One-Way - Help!

Does anyone know of a good one-way rate from Seattle to Vancouver? Dates are July 3-11, but I can pick up a couple of days later and drop off a couple of days earlier (ex: July 5 - 9). I'll pick up pretty much anywhere in Seattle (SEA, or other downtown locations), but for Vancouver I need it to be next to the Pier (which I think is the Hornby location).

Best I've been able to find is around $230 BUT it's $0.25 per mile! Looking for a good unlimited miles offer.
Old May 12, 2009, 1:28 am

Programs: AA 4MM EXP; Starwood Lifetime Plt
Originally Posted by melodrama
Does anyone know of a good one-way rate from Seattle to Vancouver? Dates are July 3-11, but I can pick up a couple of days later and drop off a couple of days earlier (ex: July 5 - 9). I'll pick up pretty much anywhere in Seattle (SEA, or other downtown locations), but for Vancouver I need it to be next to the Pier (which I think is the Hornby location).

Best I've been able to find is around $230 BUT it's $0.25 per mile! Looking for a good unlimited miles offer.
Try P400000. I used it in April/08, without any difficulties. The rate was CAD 95.99, total CAD 111,26, one way from R1R to SE2, unlimited kms., on a Sunday for an SUV. I found it far cheaper to rent segments separately: one rental for use in BC, another one-day rental for trans-border, and a third for use in WA (each with its own AWD).
Old May 12, 2009, 1:18 pm

Programs: AVIS FIRST BRITISH AIRWAYS GOLD AMEX PLATINUM
Under 21 rentals

HI

everyone pls welcome me to flyer talk..

FT is the best

im 20 and i have been renting for the last 8 months using awd T910400
NO underage fee from 18!!

i have close to 150 rental days in the last 8 months mainly in baltimore, md but also a bunch in florida.

i qualified to avis first a while a ago and use free weekend coupons etc.

however yesterday when i went to pick up a car my awd # was invalidated (for some reason) and i had to pay 27$ a day underage fee for being under 21. obviously i dont want to pay so didnt take the car.

any ideas ft saviours?

thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.