Wiki Posts
Search

Standard vs Premium Pricing Glitch at DTW

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2024, 5:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American AAdvantage
Standard vs Premium Pricing Glitch at DTW

The other day, I had to revise two rentals for late March and early May at the DTW airport location.

In both instances, the cost for the Premium class (e.g., Passat or similar) was cheaper compared to a Standard class (e.g., Jetta or similar). Depending on the number of days, the overall savings ranged from $2 to $40.

Is it a pricing glitch or is Avis having a sale on the Premium class?
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2024, 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by Sant
The other day, I had to revise two rentals for late March and early May at the DTW airport location.

In both instances, the cost for the Premium class (e.g., Passat or similar) was cheaper compared to a Standard class (e.g., Jetta or similar). Depending on the number of days, the overall savings ranged from $2 to $40.

Is it a pricing glitch or is Avis having a sale on the Premium class?
It's not a glitch, just supply and demand. Lots of biz travelers are limited to classes below full-size, and no one books premium. This is just one of the inventory management scenarios.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.