Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Unable to update/change Credit card on Avis Profile. How to do it?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2024, 1:19 pm
Original Poster

I have been trying to edit/update my credit card on Avis in my profile but it keeps saying " We are unable to process your request at the time". Please return to etc.

I tried editing and also adding a new card and all methods failed.
Is there a trick to do this? I logged out and in and turned off my VPN but to no success.
The reason why I want to change the card on my avis profile is, I recently rented with avis and used ANOTHER CARD to prepay for the rental. After I dropped off the rental and few days later, I am charged for tolls and fuel charges on my AMEX card that is on the file. I easily disputed and got the fuel charged refunded and I am in process of disputing the toll charges by Avis because I have proof of all toll charges charged to MY ILLINOIS TOLL TRANSPONDER. Anyway bakc to my main topic and concern, do I have to call to remove add update the card on file with AVIS?
Old Feb 14, 2024, 6:13 am

I have the same problem and I believe this happened for at least one year already. Both failed on app and website. I have to call Avis to have them charge to the particular card I want. It does not look like you can remove your current card in the account. It will tell you the account will gets completed deleted if you do so.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 11:30 am

Programs: BA Gold, Flying Blue Plat, UA Silver, Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold Ambassador
Originally Posted by Blueheaven
I have been trying to edit/update my credit card on Avis in my profile but it keeps saying " We are unable to process your request at the time". Please return to etc.

I tried editing and also adding a new card and all methods failed.
Is there a trick to do this? I logged out and in and turned off my VPN but to no success.
The reason why I want to change the card on my avis profile is, I recently rented with avis and used ANOTHER CARD to prepay for the rental. After I dropped off the rental and few days later, I am charged for tolls and fuel charges on my AMEX card that is on the file. I easily disputed and got the fuel charged refunded and I am in process of disputing the toll charges by Avis because I have proof of all toll charges charged to MY ILLINOIS TOLL TRANSPONDER. Anyway bakc to my main topic and concern, do I have to call to remove add update the card on file with AVIS?
Same issue for me, but as the card is expired it stops me making a new reservation with my preferred details. Logged a call with customer services and awaiting a fix.
Old Mar 30, 2024, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by Joyer
I have the same problem and I believe this happened for at least one year already. Both failed on app and website. I have to call Avis to have them charge to the particular card I want. It does not look like you can remove your current card in the account. It will tell you the account will gets completed deleted if you do so.
Do you get the same error message whenever you try to view or modify your reservations on the app or website.
Old Apr 16, 2024, 4:55 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, SAS Gold (butt in seat)
Originally Posted by redpalmetto
Same issue for me, but as the card is expired it stops me making a new reservation with my preferred details. Logged a call with customer services and awaiting a fix.
Did they fix it?
Old Apr 16, 2024, 6:42 am

Originally Posted by jlanderson9
Do you get the same error message whenever you try to view or modify your reservations on the app or website.
I did not get the error message when I tried to view or modify my reservation. The error messages just came when i tried to change my payment card as I would like to use different card as the default payment.
Old Apr 16, 2024, 8:38 am

Programs: BA Gold, Flying Blue Plat, UA Silver, Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold Ambassador
Originally Posted by Carotthat
Did they fix it?
Yes, agent put in new card details via phone.
Carotthat likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.