Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2024 Upgrades

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2024, 10:21 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.
2024 Upgrades

Y'all know the drill.

Offered:
Received:

Happy New Year!
Auto Enthusiast and jizen like this.
Old Jan 3, 2024, 5:39 pm

Booked: economy
Offered: only offered EVs while taxiing.
Received: By the time I got to gate, app said I was assigned a 2020 Mercedes C300

better than expected, but still can’t beat National’s aisle in my eyes
Auto Enthusiast and m907 like this.

Last edited by yydv; Jan 3, 2024 at 5:45 pm
Old Jan 5, 2024, 8:08 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.
Originally Posted by yydv
better than expected, but still can’t beat National’s aisle in my eyes
Work added National as an alternative to Avis a few months ago after 14+ years, but prices are substantially higher than Avis. Frown.
Auto Enthusiast and cmd320 like this.
Old Jan 5, 2024, 11:26 pm

Long term rental upgrades

Curious to know others experience with upgrades for long term rentals. I’m President’s Club for 5+
years and I’ve reserved an Intermediate SUV for 10 weeks. What car class would be a 2 class upgrade? Does having a long term rental make it less likely to receive an upgrade. Returning to same airport location. Thanks for any feedback!
Old Jan 6, 2024, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by mollymadeline
Curious to know others experience with upgrades for long term rentals. I’m President’s Club for 5+
years and I’ve reserved an Intermediate SUV for 10 weeks. What car class would be a 2 class upgrade? Does having a long term rental make it less likely to receive an upgrade. Returning to same airport location. Thanks for any feedback!
It is advisable to break long-term rentals into 30 day periods. Some insurance policies and credit card coverages do not cover more than 30 days per rental. All you need to do is return the car and pick up the same one or another one.
Old Jan 7, 2024, 3:04 pm

+1 on mollymadeline's question about intermediate SUVs.

I accidentally posted this in the 2023 thread a couple days ago and any insight would be appreciated: I'm new to Avis PC, just status matched from Hertz. I reserved an Intermediate SUV (RAV4 or similar) at SLC next week. With the larger SUVs reportedly excluded from PC upgrades, anybody know what I'm likely to be offered? Obviously looking for 4WD/AWD in SLC in January. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by whiskeyplease; Jan 7, 2024 at 9:29 pm
Old Jan 8, 2024, 12:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum, Avis President's Circle
When I've booked Intermediate SUVs, I have rarely upgraded into a full-sized SUV. I got a Yukon in HNL, a giant Suburban in PHX (the extended edition...thing was a brute), and 2 4Runners in SFO. Usually, I end up with same Hyundai Santa Fe variant.
whiskeyplease likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2024, 11:29 am

Programs: C1 Venture X, National EE, Avis PC
Originally Posted by rflor
When I've booked Intermediate SUVs, I have rarely upgraded into a full-sized SUV. I got a Yukon in HNL, a giant Suburban in PHX (the extended edition...thing was a brute), and 2 4Runners in SFO. Usually, I end up with same Hyundai Santa Fe variant.
Is a nicer sedan an option that you've been given? I booked the Class F Toyota RAV 4, but would really prefer a nice sedan.
Old Jan 10, 2024, 10:15 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum, Avis President's Circle
Originally Posted by Xkmo
Is a nicer sedan an option that you've been given? I booked the Class F Toyota RAV 4, but would really prefer a nice sedan.
No...they've always offered an SUV upgrade to an SUV booking...never a car. I have also been offered (many times) SUV upgrades when booking a Full-Size car.

I imagine they figure you're booking an SUV for space and/or clearance and therefore want to stay in one.

If you want a better sedan, I recommend starting with a Full-Size or Premium car booking.
Auto Enthusiast and Xkmo like this.
Old Jan 13, 2024, 6:14 am

Booked: Intermediate
Offered: assigned Hyundai Creta in the app, no other choices
Received: Hyundai Creta

I always get a kick out of getting cars that aren't available in the US. The Creta is probably the definition of an economy shitbox
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2024, 1:21 pm

Booked: Premium
Offered: Standard SUVs, and Cadillac Sedan
Received: Cadillac CT4 AWD

Hertz tricked me again with system failure and 30+ people were waiting outside of gold office or blocking the gate since Hertz couldn't release any vehicle.
I booked a last minute rsvn with Avis and received a great service with preferred desk agent. Initially offered SUVs but I had to keep valuables in a trunk. The agent found me a Cadillac sedan with only 700 miles and I'm on my way.

Upon returning, the gas tank fuel sensor didn't work properly and I was automatically charged for a full tank of gas. The return agent didn't ask for the gas receipt and went to the office to correct the charges. Overall very satisfied experience at Avis MCO.
Old Jan 16, 2024, 1:06 pm

Booked: Standard SUV
Offered: Wrangler 4xe
Received: Wrangler. Had a full tank of gas but no charge. Also had mud terrain tires.
Old Jan 16, 2024, 7:50 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by rdc17
Booked: Standard SUV
Offered: Wrangler 4xe
Received: Wrangler. Had a full tank of gas but no charge. Also had mud terrain tires.
I've probably had ~30 or so Stellantis plug-in hybrids in the last year or so (Pacifica, Grand Cherokee and Wranglers). They NEVER have any charge. However, I always ensure they have a 110v cable as the office I visit most has 110v outlets in the garage (many hotels also have a 110v outlet outside that you can access if you look hard enough). I can spend <$5 gas for the week by charging at the office and hotel.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2024, 10:59 pm
lya

Booked: Full-Size
Offered: Hyundai Sonata
Received: Ford Edge AWD SUV, switched while waiting for my baggage.

Pretty happy with the car I got this time. Used almost exactly one full tank of gas driving PHX -> TUS and back and I didn't have to pump gas twice.
jizen likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2024, 3:31 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Booked: Intermediate
Offered: N/A
Received: 2023 Dodge Charger R/T with TX plates and 20,000 miles on the odometer. Fun to drive but with sub-zero temperatures and possibly icy roads, I had to show restraint.
jizen and m907 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.