Wiki Posts
Search

Long line at MKE

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2022, 12:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, Avis Pref, DL Silver, National EE
Long line at MKE

Preferred counter closed, long line at main counter. I have a reservation, hope I can get an auto.
Auto Enthusiast and strickerj like this.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 8:36 pm
Original Poster

Assigned vehicle, total time in line was one hour and twenty minutes. No other counter had a line.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 7:42 am

Programs: Alaska, Delta, Southwest
Yikes. I haven't rented from Avis lately, but don't their major airport locations have skip-the-line for members (i.e., get your vehicle assignment through the mobile app)?
Old Aug 21, 2022, 10:38 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.
MKE is always like this. Preferred kiosk is never open, even before they could use the COVID excuse.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 8:31 am
37T

In the recent past they've had a sign for Preferred/Fastbreak at the left side of the main counter. Even if one person was working, they'd have your folio and keys set aside so you could walk up, show your DL and be on your way without waiting in the main line. Is that signage gone now? I haven't been in a few months.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2022, 6:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 37T
In the recent past they've had a sign for Preferred/Fastbreak at the left side of the main counter. Even if one person was working, they'd have your folio and keys set aside so you could walk up, show your DL and be on your way without waiting in the main line. Is that signage gone now? I haven't been in a few months.
After about 30 minutes in that original line, somebody mentioned there was an elite line. It was my first time here and I didn't expect it. I did go to it and it ended up being significantly faster than the standard line. I still had to show my ID, insert my credit card, etc, and was then handed my keys. There were (during the time I observed it) two counter agents, one dedicated top Preferred. It was faster, obviously, just due to what I assumed would be seasoned travelers.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2022, 6:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by strickerj
Yikes. I haven't rented from Avis lately, but don't their major airport locations have skip-the-line for members (i.e., get your vehicle assignment through the mobile app)?
The app told me it couldn't assign a car to me and to go to the Preferred kiosk, but it was closed.
Auto Enthusiast and strickerj like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.