Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OW Budget rental: change destination

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2022, 7:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
OW Budget rental: change destination

I am thinking about changing the drop off location of our one way rental. We are mid trip. Can’t get anyone on the phone to ask price difference. Anyone have experience doing this?
Old Jul 4, 2022, 7:36 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Does Budget have an app and let you get quotes for changes mid-rental (changing location and/or times)? The Avis app lets you easily do this so you can see if you want to proceed or not.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2022, 3:00 pm
MRW

You can go to budget.com and select Reservations > View/Modify/Cancel... enter either your original reservation number or your rental agreement number (with the latter, I had to add a letter U in front). Site will give you the new total cost (does work with reservations made via third party sites) and ask you to confirm. Includes a $10 change fee.

When I tried, however, clicking Confirm showed an error and stated that I needed to call. So I called the Budget location I picked up at and asked them to make the change and it matched with what the website had previewed.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 4:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
Does Budget have an app and let you get quotes for changes mid-rental (changing location and/or times)? The Avis app lets you easily do this so you can see if you want to proceed or not.
Yes, but mine didn’t want to recognize my rez. Was very annoying. Even website didn’t work. I had to use my phone bc no computer on the road.

Originally Posted by MRW
You can go to budget.com and select Reservations > View/Modify/Cancel... enter either your original reservation number or your rental agreement number (with the latter, I had to add a letter U in front). Site will give you the new total cost (does work with reservations made via third party sites) and ask you to confirm. Includes a $10 change fee.

When I tried, however, clicking Confirm showed an error and stated that I needed to call. So I called the Budget location I picked up at and asked them to make the change and it matched with what the website had previewed.
Yeah, I was also getting an error code and for whatever reason the phone menu could not process my request for a change or an agent, but I ended up just dropping it at different location. Everything went fine. Took 24 hours for my return to post to the website maybe bc their systems were down when I returned so I had to just hope for the best. Got the attendant to manually sign and date my contract and should have taken a pic of the car with plates at the airport deposit point. But it resolved on its own. Basically, Budget just rebooked the car with the new cities at the current rate. It was about 30% more per day bc I’d booked way back in Feb, but it couldn’t be helped. All in all, I’m pleased with how it went down.

Note: while I was there the manager was on the phone with an apparently irate customer who had returned a car earlier in the day. It seems the driver was insisting he left the keys on the front seat but manager was insisting the keys were not in vehicle and they were going to charge him. I think around $400. Made me think I should take a pic of the keys on the dash board with the location of the car clearly visible in rental return after I exit the vehicle. Document everything basically.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.