Community
Wiki Posts
Search

$125 extra charged 10 days after return

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2024, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold, 1 MM
Just got the same notice of a $125 charge from a car rental in Hawaii complaining about sand. Yes, there was a tiny bit of sand in the trunk (it is Hawaii!) and it would have taken one minute to clean out with a dustbuster. I called the number and they quickly refunded the charge but scolded me by insisting that I do better next time. I then mentioned to the agent that I spent 20 minutes personally cleaning the inside windows due to a thick film that made it difficult to see during nighttime. What a racket!
masmadrid and strickerj like this.
Old Jan 19, 2024, 7:25 am

Originally Posted by fzwinter
I then mentioned to the agent that I spent 20 minutes personally cleaning the inside windows due to a thick film that made it difficult to see during nighttime. What a racket!
This drives me crazy. I swear the only time the inside glass is cleaned in rental is by the hiring party!

I'm very tempted to send them an invoice next time
strickerj likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2024, 12:45 pm

$125 letter received from San Diego AVIS

After dropping off the just shot of a month ago I received a letter and a Visa charge for $125 USD which is $175 CAN! For dirty car.

it was my sister and I for 6 days, we received it dirty and asked for wipes in the way out and asked it to be noted. They gave us napkins and said it was noted. On return there was no one to check over the car…they were short staffed so I waited and got a receipt. They still chat me.

i put in two complaint tickets to Avis, disputed the charge on my card and tried to put in a report to Costco as I rented with the using their BD discount code but all I got was an email saying complain to Costco Travel…which you can’t.

Once the charge was reversed AVIS says they will reverse the charge just this once….what? I won’t ever rent a scooter from this company let alone a car. They shouldn’t have liberty with your credit card especially a month after you dropped off the car and then you are left with fighting it…total waste of time. DONT rent from AVIS
Old Mar 16, 2024, 1:08 pm

Programs: UA Plat
Originally Posted by fzwinter
Just got the same notice of a $125 charge from a car rental in Hawaii complaining about sand. Yes, there was a tiny bit of sand in the trunk (it is Hawaii!) and it would have taken one minute to clean out with a dustbuster. I called the number and they quickly refunded the charge but scolded me by insisting that I do better next time. I then mentioned to the agent that I spent 20 minutes personally cleaning the inside windows due to a thick film that made it difficult to see during nighttime. What a racket!
Same thing happened to me, but it was a $250 charge! We rented a jeep for 30 days in Hawaii. Over 30 days and dozens of beach trips the sand inside piles up. It was not a mess when we returned it, but there definitely was sand on the carpet (there were no plastic floor protectors). I never thought to go to the car wash and spend a few minutes vacuuming it out given that the dirt was normal for a 30 day rental.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.