Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Avis says reservation exists only in my local currency

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2019, 1:13 pm
Original Poster

I booked using avis.co.uk for South Africa ("pay on collection") and nowhere did it display the amount in ZAR, just GBP. I spoke to 2 different people in their customer services team and they said they can only see pounds (and that the local office will take the £ figure and convert to ZAR on the day?). The website states: "*We've converted the prices for you, but this may be subject to change".

However, the original price (as per my email confirmation) and the current price when I view the booking online is out by a few pence, suggesting that due to the currency change, the booking actually has a ZAR basis.

I wanted to know the amount in ZAR so that when I arrive, I can show how much I agreed to pay on the booking matches what they show me.

There seems to be nothing in their T&Cs that explains their supposed method of calculating the total payable.

I find this quite odd. Europcar.co.uk shows ZAR, hertz.co.uk shows ZAR - what's the deal with Avis?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.