Wiki Posts
Search

Complete Invoice Possible?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2018, 9:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, IHG Platinum
Complete Invoice Possible?

I had an issue with Munich airport Avis in October. The AMEX car rental insurance paid nearly $800 for a scratch on the rim of the right front tire. They had charged my AMEX card over $1000, above and beyond the $300 I had paid for the rental. I disputed the charge until the insurance claim was settled and made a request for an itemized invoice. My contact has been through email with Avis corporate. They sent some weird screenshots and statements.

The email reads in part:
Attached is the invoice in English, it does not itemize the airport surcharges 63.80 EUR as the original does in German and 23.00 shows up in the English version but is not part of the charge total. We do not know why that 23.00 is on Intl receipts, please note it is not part of the total charges.
And:
The counters do not go over each and every charge unless there is a specific question asked, due to time constraints.

First, I was the only person in line, so "time constraints" is not a valid reason for not explaining what you will charge someone. Two, they still have not told me what I am paying for at this point if I release the final $154 in dispute (they did credit one charge they stated was wrong for $86 in addition to the insurance payment).

My question, have others been able to get an itemized statement in cases like this? It seems like they should have to say "$X.XX is for the additional location charge" or something like this. They keep going round and round about how going from Euro to Dollars and German to English is not required. That is not the issue, I just want to know how much is for each thing they are charging. Are they really exempt for this sort of accounting for charges?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.