Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Avis Rapid Return at CDG? How long to close the rental?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2018, 12:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, BA Silver

I returned a car to CDG this weekend and the app still shows it as still a live rental. How long should I wait before taking further action?

Normally, when I rent and return in Germany for example, I immediately get an email and survey after I return the car.

The Avis Rapid Return details mention a receipt being given, but this wasn't offered at CDG.
Originally Posted by avis
Experience Avis Rapid Return
We don’t want you to wait around for us
Welcome to the most sophisticated meet and greet service in the car rental world.

Rapid Return shaves drop-off time down to just 90 seconds. Return your car to one of the 125 busiest Avis stations across Europe and you'll be out of there in no time at all.

The small print
An Avis agent uses a wireless Rapid Return device to read barcodes on your hire car and upload your rental information.
The receipt can be generated in one of seven languages.
A receipt for the rental is issued immediately; including mileage used and fuel level. A copy invoice is emailed or posted the following day.
Of the over 125 Avis stations across Europe, 21 are in the UK including all the major airports.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 2:00 pm

Programs: MileagePlus Gold, Avis PP, National EE, Lifemiles Silver, ConnectMiles Gold
It'd say it's been long enough,they might try and charge your CC for the days missing now, plus they might think the car has been stolen.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 11:35 am
Original Poster

So I returned it on Saturday, to the correct returns area and gave the keys to a person in Avis uniform, with a full tank of fuel.

I have now retrieved the invoice and they have processed it as having been returned on Wednesday with an empty tank, and late return fees.

Incredible. Should I do a chargeback or is there an Avis person here who can sort it out for me?
Old Sep 14, 2018, 3:27 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
I returned an Avis car in MAD in June. The agent scanned the barcode on the car and printed a receipt. It was about €100 less than I expected. Then, I noticed that it was not in my name and was for a different make than the BMW that I drove for nine days. It took a few minutes of typing to produce the correct receipt, which I insisted on having in order to have written (and email) proof that the car was returned (with a full tank of fuel).
Old Sep 15, 2018, 7:29 pm

Programs: MileagePlus Gold, Avis PP, National EE, Lifemiles Silver, ConnectMiles Gold
Originally Posted by Wanderlust888
So I returned it on Saturday, to the correct returns area and gave the keys to a person in Avis uniform, with a full tank of fuel.

I have now retrieved the invoice and they have processed it as having been returned on Wednesday with an empty tank, and late return fees.

Incredible. Should I do a chargeback or is there an Avis person here who can sort it out for me?
Yep, very classy. Specially when they see someone that needs to make it to a flight.

Chargeback, do you have a receipt from when you dropped it off?
Old Sep 16, 2018, 1:41 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Had a similar experience at PHX. Car didn't show up for 24 hours after I done the actual return. I now always wait for a printed receipt.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 4:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Redwood839
Yep, very classy. Specially when they see someone that needs to make it to a flight.

Chargeback, do you have a receipt from when you dropped it off?
I don't have a receipt, after checking the fuel/mileage, the guy made a clear gesture that everything was fine and I was expected to go.

Fortunately I have now called Customer Services, and after a few minutes on hold, they found evidence that what I said was true about the fuel level and return time, and returned the overcharge. Which seems to show that the guy started to check the car in but somehow got distracted and didn't finish it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.