Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

[PC] membership cancelled because of argument with station manager

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2018, 4:12 am
Original Poster

Hi,

I'm presidents club member and recently rented in Spain. There I had a significant argument with the staff including the station manager. We travelled with two small children and were given a significant upgrade (I believe group K). At the time I had two reservations running for group E and I (apparently I forgot to cancel one). I was told to take the keys to load all the stuff and the child seats while they finish they contract (office was in the parking lot). So far so good. Because of the two reservations it took them a while to organize everything with the contract. Aproximately an hour late in massive heat I was told I can't have the car anymore because it belongs to someone else. While being told I saw my contract on the desk with that car booked on my name.

Basically they screwed up something and then wanted us to force to move all our stuff into a much smaller car. I think the station manager realised that this upgrade given by the counter rep was too big. I was told a lot of untrue things (amongst PC upgrades are only on availability, that cancelled reservations can't be reinstated and that their stuff would install the car seats for the children in the new car - legally not allowed).

We insisted that this is their fault and that we not going to move all our luggage and children seats in that heat because they don't want to screw their KPIs. Eventually they could reinstate the right reservation (which they told us is not possible under any circumstance) and we could drive away with the car.

Later this week my presidents club account was closed by AVIS Spain and my name was put under "name risk".

I have numerous rentals without problems only AVIS Spain consistently treats their customers like they are annoying.

Has anybody had experience with a situation like this? How can they just do that and not even hear the customer? I was not informed by email or any other channel. Just noticed I can't login anymore.

PS: I didn't insult or threat anyone there.

Last edited by das_ubersoldat; Aug 8, 2018 at 4:17 am
Old Aug 8, 2018, 4:47 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Where on earth did this happen? Spain is quite a big place!
Old Aug 8, 2018, 5:27 am
Original Poster

PMI Palma Airport
Old Aug 8, 2018, 6:12 am

Programs: National Exec, Hertz PC, Avis PC, Sixt Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Wyndham Diamond, TR Diamond
Arguing isn't going to accomplish anything. The best road to take is to ask for something you want, if they decline either proceed with what they are offering or cancel and book elsewhere. Personally, I don't beg to give people business so if my account was closed I'd likely just rent elsewhere moving forward.
nancypants and DiverDave like this.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 4:38 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by das_ubersoldat
Hi,

Aproximately an hour late in massive heat I was told I can't have the car anymore because it belongs to someone else. While being told I saw my contract on the desk with that car booked on my name.

Basically they screwed up something and then wanted us to force to move all our stuff into a much smaller car. I think the station manager realised that this upgrade given by the counter rep was too big. I was told a lot of untrue things (amongst PC upgrades are only on availability, that cancelled reservations can't be reinstated and that their stuff would install the car seats for the children in the new car - legally not allowed).

We insisted that this is their fault and that we not going to move all our luggage and children seats in that heat because they don't want to screw their KPIs. Eventually they could reinstate the right reservation (which they told us is not possible under any circumstance) and we could drive away with the car.

I have numerous rentals without problems only AVIS Spain consistently treats their customers like they are annoying.

PS: I didn't insult or threat anyone there.
PMI is the third busiest airport in Spain. It would seem that they upgraded you and then realised that the car to which you had been upgraded was actually needed by someone else. It could be that it was automatic which some people find imperative. Again if I read correctly that let you leave with the car, so what I would do is call the agency and ask the Manager why he took such action. I find it incredible that given the sheer volume of people renting down there that he would bother, but clearly he has. I was not there, I cannot judge but it seems very extreme action so I would wonder if the argument was rather more intense than you describe.Apart from a level of inconvenience, you did get a car and the staff helped you with the seats.

I rent a good deal in Spain from ALC and I have never had a single problem. I do speak Spanish which helps avoid any misunderstandings of language.

I'd just move elsewhere or open another account.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 8:19 am
Original Poster

I got my account reinstated...
mccartje likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 2:07 pm

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
I had similar issue 6 months ago in Bari (Italy) where I said, before the office guy and after the station manager both they are Idiots (they really are &#128522

more than half an hour waiting the car because they had an “issue” with system... when I realized the office guy was started to take more longer (because he’s an idiot) i asked for the manager and was told he had no time for me ...so I start to said him and his boss are two idiots (in Italian “coglioni”)

I finally had my key and when I was taking my car in the parking the manager arrived. I confirmed him he’s an idiot.

The day after I gave back the car, I saw again the manager and I told him again he’s an idiot

the day after I sent a message to Avis customer service writing they have 2 idiots in their Bari station

....I don’t know why I was banned after 3 days 😁

i sent a new message to Avis, asking to forward to the manager who decided to ban me my message: “you are also an idiot”

Since then I use quite always Herz (i’m President circle) without any problem

only I miss the nice offers Avis has in Italy in partnership with Alitalia (always 2/3/4000 miles each rent)

but it’s ok. The satisfaction to say an idiot he’s idiot values much more than thousands miles
Old Sep 5, 2018, 2:50 pm

I got my account reinstated...
Is this a good new ? 😃

i don’t know if to be happy or afraid for you 😁
Old Sep 5, 2018, 3:34 pm
Original Poster

I'm generally very pleased with them. When walking through the parking lot (especially in Italy/Spain) I doubt I would use Hertz...
Old Sep 6, 2018, 12:34 am

I'm generally very pleased with them. When walking through the parking lot (especially in Italy/Spain) I doubt I would use Hertz...
i’m joking. Normally they provvide very good service. Even if In Italy Hertz have parking lots nearest to the Airports exit doors, but very often more expansive and less remunerative with partnerships miles
Old Sep 21, 2018, 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by Dav77
I had similar issue 6 months ago in Bari (Italy) where I said, before the office guy and after the station manager both they are Idiots (they really are &#128522

more than half an hour waiting the car because they had an “issue” with system... when I realized the office guy was started to take more longer (because he’s an idiot) i asked for the manager and was told he had no time for me ...so I start to said him and his boss are two idiots (in Italian “coglioni”)

I finally had my key and when I was taking my car in the parking the manager arrived. I confirmed him he’s an idiot.

The day after I gave back the car, I saw again the manager and I told him again he’s an idiot

the day after I sent a message to Avis customer service writing they have 2 idiots in their Bari station

....I don’t know why I was banned after 3 days 😁

i sent a new message to Avis, asking to forward to the manager who decided to ban me my message: “you are also an idiot”

Since then I use quite always Herz (i’m President circle) without any problem

only I miss the nice offers Avis has in Italy in partnership with Alitalia (always 2/3/4000 miles each rent)

but it’s ok. The satisfaction to say an idiot he’s idiot values much more than thousands miles
Absolutely hilarious! Thanks!

“I confirmed him he’s an idiot.”

ROTFLMAO

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.