Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Credit Card Can Only Be Used With One Account? Really?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2017, 1:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Avis, Hertz, Southwest, United

Hi Folks; First-time poster with a simple question. The wife went to set up her own Avis account because she'll be traveling without me in a few months, but the system for setting up her profile wouldn't accept out usual credit card. She called CS, only to be told that - for a given credit card number - it can only be attached to one account at a time. She even confirmed with a supervisor, although she suggested they didn't seem like the sharpest tool in the shed, either. Seriously? What, is Avis now based out of Saudi Arabia and they don't expect spouses to drive? I solved the problem temporarily by changing the card number in my account for now so that she could put the card she needs to use on hers (which provides insurance coverage). Just wanted to find out if this is a real policy, and if there's any alternative way to fix this, since the usually CS reps said there was nothing they can do. Zang

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.