Wiki Posts
Search

Preferred Plus Upgrade Block?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2017, 9:14 am
Original Poster

Preferred Plus Upgrade Block?

Good Morning Everyone!

I am currently a preferred plus frequent weekend renter, most always from the same location. Historically I have been able to book my intermediate vehicle and then when I arrive go to the main counter (NOT preferred hut, main counter are very nice and helpful, will often call the back to see if a vehicle is available) and get various upgrades (often standard or full size SUVs). Well recently I was assigned a Jeep Patriot (enough said) and was forced to go to the preferred hut (awful people, very rude, no upgrades) to see if they could offer me another vehicle in that class in which I was offered a Lancer instead. I very foolishly said that inside I had been offered much better upgrades in the past and he interrupted me to inform me that they were wrong and he would personally see that it would never happen again. Fast forward to booking my vehicle last weekend where in the second address line was this **MAX 1 LV-SGU FOR W/S/X info that I had never seen before. I removed the info but when I got to the location I was yet again assigned a Patriot but when I went inside they wouldn't offer me anything higher (I asked if they happened to have any Edges available) and when he called to the back he was staying stuff about 1 level.

Long story short, is it possible that guy added a permanent note to block me from discretionary upgrades?
Old Feb 18, 2017, 10:46 pm

Yes and no. While we can change your profile and add notes, it is a lot of work to do. Your note states one complimentary upgrade from select and go to 5 seater suvs (ford edge) and 7 seater suvs (traverse) as well as specialty vehicles. Counter people are usually more friendly with upgrades as there is nothing lost (no commission hits).
Old Feb 24, 2017, 3:33 pm

How is adding notes to a customer profile 'a lot of work to do'? The profile is accessible to staff at time of renting or otherwise. Just adding a small one liner like that should take less than a minute. Didnt know that Avis did that though - that one staff member could in fact limit a customer like that.

In my experience, at least for preferred plus, upgrades are simply down to the person handling your rental. They may not even give you a decent car in even the rented class or they may give you a 2 level upgrade. The lot may be full and they can simply say - oh all that is reserved. Nothing you can do about it.

I had 30 plus rentals totaling over 150 days from Avis last year and i also primarily rent from the same location. With the change of staff that location has gone from being one of the nicest I have rented from to someplace I dread going these days. This last time they even refused a change request in the full size class I had booked - from a Malibu that was smelling of smoke to any of the 5-7 other full size cars they had standing in their lot. I cancelled and rented from Enterprise. So its all down to the person you are dealing with. Be happy if you get a good person behind the counter and just get on with it if its otherwise.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.