Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avis Thessaloniki - No Vehicles!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2016, 6:25 am
Original Poster

Avis Thessaloniki - No Vehicles!

I arrived off a flight yesterday lunchtime at SKG for a rental that I'd made weeks ago. They had no vehicles available. People had been waiting for 2 hours + to collect their rentals. Quite a few groups of people and families standing around waiting to start their summer breaks. You can imagine their long faces.

Staff said it was nothing to do with them. I got a bit shouty - but nothing anything like Steve Martin in Trains, Planes and Automobiles. I was just unable understand how a company the size of Avis couldn't pre-plan the supply vehicles - all booked in advance - and left people standing around with no explanation or estimate as to when vehicles would be available. I see one guy took to Twitter to vent his frustration with the staff at the Avis counter at the airport.

Of course, Mr Shouty's vehicle arrived within 30 minutes but still a large group of customers still there, still in the dark as to what was happening, when I left.

Gobble, gobble.

Palmer

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.