Wiki Posts
Search

Focus a compact?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2016, 10:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL silver
Focus a compact?

I'm mostly concerned with knowing that I have enough room for my car seat in the back. I know it will fit in a Focus but what about other cars in the group? I don't want to be stuck having to pay for an upgrade just because it doesn't fit because we got a smaller car. What have people been assigned on a compact reservation? I'm just a regular preferred member.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 10:36 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Focus or Nissan Versa are your most likely cars.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 10:55 am
Original Poster

Ok. But a Versa is similar to a Fiesta (Avis's example of an economy car). The Central would be what is similar to a Focus. That is why I am confused.

FWIW the reservations will be one way from BOS to BGR and the from BGR back to BOS.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 11:04 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by sbderby
Ok. But a Versa is similar to a Fiesta (Avis's example of an economy car). The Central would be what is similar to a Focus. That is why I am confused.

FWIW the reservations will be one way from BOS to BGR and the from BGR back to BOS.
The Sentra is a size up, comparable to a Corolla or a Cruze, and in the Intermediate category. The Versa is actually the same length as the Focus hatch (both 172").

I'm sure that a carseat would fit fine in the back of any of these cars.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 3:02 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire, Delta GM, Avis P+
Originally Posted by sbderby
Out of curiosity, why do two one ways? You'll likely get huge charges for one way miles doing that.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 5:38 pm
Original Poster

It's a long trip. Have a car to use at my parents house. Both one ways are just a day. About a quarter of the cost of a car from BOS for the whole trip.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 10:48 pm

Not unexpected for rentals from BOS. If you're willing, taking a Uber/Lyft to an off-airport location should yield considerable savings. There are Enterprises all over town and an Alamo, Avis, and Budget in some downtown hotels.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 8:08 am
Original Poster

Somebody have kids? Not going to happen. Plus downtown is the wrong direction. Getting north from Logan is easy.

I was just surprised that Avis considers the Focus the example of a compact, when most of the cars that it competes with on the market (Mazda 3, Cruz, Lancer, etc.) Are intermediates. That's all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.