Wiki Posts
Search

Avis 2016 Camaro SS/2016 Mustang GT

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2016, 5:13 pm
Original Poster

Avis 2016 Camaro SS/2016 Mustang GT

Hello.

New to the forums, but I am interested in renting either the 2016 Camaro SS or 2016 Mustang GT from Avis. Does anyone know if they are base models or are they loaded with features? And is the Camaro the 1SS or 2SS?

Thanks for the replies in advance. I'm just rather curious about the options within the car and I couldn't find anything specifically about the 2016 Camaro SS or 2016 Mustang GT from Avis on the forums here.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by Jayjay12
Hello.

New to the forums, but I am interested in renting either the 2016 Camaro SS or 2016 Mustang GT from Avis. Does anyone know if they are base models or are they loaded with features? And is the Camaro the 1SS or 2SS?

Thanks for the replies in advance. I'm just rather curious about the options within the car and I couldn't find anything specifically about the 2016 Camaro SS or 2016 Mustang GT from Avis on the forums here.
Most of the times the mustangs will be the nongt versions meaning the ecoboost engines. I have however seen Mustang GT available at some airport locations like IAH. I'm not sure if they are the same price rate as the regular Mustangs though.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 5:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LReyes66
Most of the times the mustangs will be the nongt versions meaning the ecoboost engines. I have however seen Mustang GT available at some airport locations like IAH. I'm not sure if they are the same price rate as the regular Mustangs though.
Thanks for your reply and the information!

I will be renting from a major airport, SFO. They claim to have Mustang GT/Camaro SS.

I was more particularly wondering are they base models GT/SS or loaded with features.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 10:02 pm

Originally Posted by Jayjay12
Hello.

I've rented the 2016 Mustang GT. The one I rented had every single option.

Old Apr 17, 2016, 9:12 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards A+; Marriott Gold; HHonors DIA
I just completed a rental from IAH of a 2016 Camaro SS (less than 400 miles on it). Based on what I can determine, it would be a 1SS as it did not have leather but it did include the 8" touchscreen and supported Apple CarPlay. Fun car to drive and hit 110+ on the tollways without much effort or even realizing I was going that fast.

My only complaint, and this has been consistent with many of my rentals lately, is the strong smell of smoke when renting. I always reserve luxury and this phenomenon seems to be more prevalent in the higher in cars. I suspect, though have no proof, that Uber/Lyft drivers are using these cars on the weekends hence the smoke (and many times hippy lettuce smoke) smell in the cars.
Old Apr 17, 2016, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by seethruya
I've rented the 2016 Mustang GT. The one I rented had every single option.

I envy how cheap this rental was.
Old Apr 17, 2016, 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by LReyes66
I envy how cheap this rental was.
At the Midland Airport, it's not uncommon for Avis to run out of all every single car class but sport cars during the weekdays. When this happens, they'll offer you a free upgrade to a V8 sports car, so you essentially get a sports car at the price of a full-size (around $20/day).
Old Apr 17, 2016, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by flown-the-coop
I just completed a rental from IAH of a 2016 Camaro SS (less than 400 miles on it). Based on what I can determine, it would be a 1SS as it did not have leather but it did include the 8" touchscreen and supported Apple CarPlay. Fun car to drive and hit 110+ on the tollways without much effort or even realizing I was going that fast.

My only complaint, and this has been consistent with many of my rentals lately, is the strong smell of smoke when renting. I always reserve luxury and this phenomenon seems to be more prevalent in the higher in cars. I suspect, though have no proof, that Uber/Lyft drivers are using these cars on the weekends hence the smoke (and many times hippy lettuce smoke) smell in the cars.
What did you think of the 2016? Once I see one in the Avis lot, I'll more than likely rent it for the curiosity factor.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.