Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 4, 2016, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: IceTrojan
This thread is to provide data points for upgrades at Avis. If you are wondering or would like speculation on what upgrades will be given at a particular location, please visit this thread:
The "2016: What upgrade will I get at Avis?" thread

Please use this format when posting, to keep it clean:

Booked:
Assigned:
Received: (if it differs from the assigned vehicle)

Any other comments.
Print Wikipost

2016-2017: List Your Upgrades

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2016, 12:17 pm

Programs: National EE, Avis CC
Booked: Intermediate
Assigned: Chrysler 300C
Received: Cadillac XTS

I was interested in getting a convertible this time, but they only had bright orange left which I passed on. Ended up taking the XTS.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 4:08 pm

Programs: AA Plt, Marriott Gold, National EE, Hertz PC, El Mambero De Mucci, PWP Aide to Generalissimo Godot
Booked: Midsize
Offered: Hyundai Santa Fe
I hate SUV's!!
Received: 2016 Toyota Avalon XLS Fully loaded

Nice upgrade!
Old Jul 11, 2016, 8:16 pm

Booked: Full size
Assigned: Hyundai Sonata with 30k
Received: 2016 Camaro SS - called the location and asked for something else. Agent gave me a ton of choices, best was a new Genesis. Got there and it wasn't in the spot. Preferred woman told me to go downstairs (she didn't realize I was preferred, even though I told her) so I did, long line, came back upstairs and asked for the manager. She realized I was preferred and I said "so I know you're gonna give me that camaro for no charge" she apologized profusely and said absolutely no problem. So I got it for $22/day, kept it for 5 days. Very happy!
Old Jul 12, 2016, 11:36 am

Programs: AmEx Platinum, Hhonors Gold, SPG Gold, Avis Preferred, Enterprise+ Gold.
Booked: Standard SUV
Assigned:Volvo XC90 (brand new 300 miles on it)
Received: Same

Booked: Full Size
Assigned: Ford Fusion
Received: Dodge Charger Hemi (wanted to try something different than the Fusion)

Booked: Standard
Assigned: Chevy Equinox (She was trying to upgrade me, asked for anything other than an SUV)
Received: Subaru Legacy (Very nice vehicle, didn't have leather but other than that it was loaded)

Booked: Luxury
Assigned: Infinity QX56 (Gigantic SUV, no thanks. Not for driving around the city)
Received: Mercedes C300 AMG (after some back and fourth with the lady at the counter. She was very nice offered a 328i too)

Last edited by Drivenair; Jul 12, 2016 at 11:44 am
Old Jul 12, 2016, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by Drivenair
Booked: Standard SUV
Assigned:Volvo XC90 (brand new 300 miles on it)
Received: Same

Assigned: Ford Fusion
Received: Dodge Charger Hemi (wanted to try something different than the Fusion)

Booked: Standard
Assigned: Chevy Equinox (She was trying to upgrade me, asked for anything other than an SUV)
Received: Subaru Legacy (Very nice vehicle, didn't have leather but other than that it was loaded)

Booked: Luxury
Assigned: Infinity QX56 (Gigantic SUV, no thanks. Not for driving around the city)
Received: Mercedes C300 AMG (after some back and fourth with the lady at the counter. She was very nice offered a 328i too)
I'm sorry but is there such a car as C300 AMG? It's either C300 or C63 AMG and I'll be very surprise if Avis carry C63 AMG in there fleet.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 2:47 pm

Programs: AA Plt, Marriott Gold, National EE, Hertz PC, El Mambero De Mucci, PWP Aide to Generalissimo Godot
Originally Posted by Dreamliners
I'm sorry but is there such a car as C300 AMG? It's either C300 or C63 AMG and I'll be very surprise if Avis carry C63 AMG in there fleet.
There was a C63 AMG here at SNA when I picked up my rental on Saturday night. Probably brought down from LAX
Old Jul 12, 2016, 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by El_Chiflero
There was a C63 AMG here at SNA when I picked up my rental on Saturday night. Probably brought down from LAX
Coupe or sedan?
Old Jul 12, 2016, 7:30 pm

LGA

PC

Booked: BMW X3
Assigned: Zip
Received: Mercedes GL

Not a status upgrade in reality.

Location was out of the X3, never got a carfirmation, and the app said my car type wasn't available.

Thinking "no Signature" available I was expecting a Lincoln or 300. But a glance at the lot eased the concern and the agent said take a look at the X5 and 2 Mercedes on the lot.

Also glancing at the lot booking a basic premium would have probably landed one of those as well given the lack of anything above a full size.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 9:23 pm

Programs: Cards with lots of logos on them
Booked: Mini/Micro cheapest thing possible
Assigned/Received: Peugeot 208 M/T
Old Jul 13, 2016, 8:48 am

Coupe or sedan?
Sedan
Old Jul 17, 2016, 9:42 am

Programs: AmEx Platinum, Hhonors Gold, SPG Gold, Avis Preferred, Enterprise+ Gold.
Technically speaking it was not a true AMG but it was a C300 with the AMG package (wheels, aerodynamic kit, badges, etc...). And yes Avis does have C63 AMG's in the fleet. FLL had at least 5 of them in the garage.
Old Jul 17, 2016, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by Drivenair
Technically speaking it was not a true AMG but it was a C300 with the AMG package (wheels, aerodynamic kit, badges, etc...). And yes Avis does have C63 AMG's in the fleet. FLL had at least 5 of them in the garage.
Most of the Mercedes cars I get are not AMG, but have large AMG labels on the floor mats. I don't know why. I have this with an E220 right now.
Old Jul 17, 2016, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by stimpy
Most of the Mercedes cars I get are not AMG, but have large AMG labels on the floor mats. I don't know why. I have this with an E220 right now.
They are factory options Mercedes offers.
Old Jul 20, 2016, 1:51 am

what's difference between "assigned" and "received"?

Hi everyone, very sorry for this newbie question as I just got preferred plus status and interested in upgrades.

So when does the vehicle get assigned? When picking up vehicle at counter? And "received" is the actual drive-away vehicle after arguing with agent about a better upgrade?
Old Jul 20, 2016, 9:58 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Assigned: Charger R/T
Received: Charger R/T, swapped to Yukon XL later in the week

Picked up at 2am. 10 cars on the whole lot. Swapped to a Yukon since I need luggage space.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.