Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avis signature: Guaranteed car, or "similar" ?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2016, 4:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Avis signature: Guaranteed car, or "similar" ?

I'm sure Avis Signature cars never had the usual "or similar" next to the vehicle name, but now they seem to.

I always thought that 'Avis Signature' was equivalent to 'Avis Select' in the UK, whereby the car you choose is guaranteed (even if you have PC status for example, you will not be upgraded but receive what you have booked) but it this no longer the case?

Last edited by clubman; Jan 3, 2016 at 4:55 am
Old Jan 3, 2016, 7:47 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by clubman
I'm sure Avis Signature cars never had the usual "or similar" next to the vehicle name, but now they seem to.
Correct, that's definitely new. I wonder what they consider "or similar" to a Mercedes E350/GL450, 7 Series, Land Rover Evoque, etc!

However, they previously never really "guaranteed" any car (Signature Series, Specialty, etc). In the event they had 1 in their local fleet and the person before you wrecked/didn't return/etc the car, they weren't obliged to do anything for you.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 1:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
I realise that, and it's the same with Avis select in the UK I guess as they can never guarantee 100% the vehicle will indeed be available on the day.

I wonder though if adding "or similar" to it is just to cover them in case they really cannot offer you the car booked on the day (late return, damage as you mentioned etc) but in practice you do almost always get the car you booked.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.