Community
Wiki Posts
Search

XM Radio question, BMW 528I

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2015, 9:37 am
Original Poster

XM Radio question, BMW 528I

I rented this at LAX, they said they activated the XM but all it gets is 5 ESPN channels and a couple others, it is as if it is stuck on someones favorites list or something.

I am too far from the airport to go back to have them fix this, what are my options?

I have my smartphone and my XM app is on there and if i can connect my phone to the car to use as a device to listen to that will also solve my problem, not exactly sure how to do go about that though.

Any help appreciated.

Is there a phone # I can call and ask them to fix the XM?
Old Mar 21, 2015, 8:19 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

The last two 5 Series I had only had those channels active. 2 other times I've tried to get XM active in BMW's (X5 and 7 Series), I had the following:
1. Told XM was active by the agent and charged on my contract. Never activated in the car, so I called customer service and was told it was already showing as active, nothing else could be done. Upon returning the car, I had them remove the charge.
2. Station agent said the car didn't allow him to activate XM "so it must already be active. It's a Specialty car, so that's probably free in there." No dice. Called customer service a bit later and she said the vehicle profile in their system doesn't show that it has XM. Even though it had a button for it and told me it was not subscribed.

So there's obviously something screwy going on with Avis BMWs.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 10:32 pm

Programs: CX Diamond, QF Platinum and Shangri La Jade
All the 5 series I have had came with XM like what your saying however I called XM direct and resolved the issue - they just need the cars details and will re-activate it for you. I had full XM service and never paid for it via Avis.

Apparently the BMW's all come with 12 months complimentary XM but it needs to be re-activated after the first 30 days or something like that. So unless you have one thats over 12 months old (unlikely) as said just call XM direct and have them resolve it for you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.