Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex Platinum card for Avis Preferred/Select?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2014, 12:37 pm
Original Poster

Amex Platinum card for Avis Preferred/Select?

Might sound a newbie question: I just got my Amex platinum card and I heard one of the benefits is the complimentary membership with Avis Preferred ( is the Avis First option gone?), but how should I proceed to sign up for the Avis Preferred program -- just directly on avis.com and register with my amex platinum credit card or call Amex to sign it up for me?

BTW, Avis Preferred is free, right? but why the sign-up page at the avis.com ask for a credit card?

thanks
Old Jul 21, 2014, 10:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by susieling
Might sound a newbie question: I just got my Amex platinum card and I heard one of the benefits is the complimentary membership with Avis Preferred ( is the Avis First option gone?), but how should I proceed to sign up for the Avis Preferred program -- just directly on avis.com and register with my amex platinum credit card or call Amex to sign it up for me?

BTW, Avis Preferred is free, right? but why the sign-up page at the avis.com ask for a credit card?

thanks

I also found out that Chase Ink Bold/Plus (I have both) offered Avis First program but I was not able to sign up via inkfromchase.com/insider -- the avis link there only confirmed my credit card and then took me to the avis reservation home page, is there any form to fill in? Called chased customer service who has no idea and asked me to call avis.

I have a trip coming in a month and I really want to take advantage of this program, so, please help!

Thanks a lot,
Old Jul 23, 2014, 8:34 am

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
Might sound a newbie question: I just got my Amex platinum card and I heard one of the benefits is the complimentary membership with Avis Preferred

Avis Preferred is free, right? but why the sign-up page at the avis.com ask for a credit card?
Any one can register for Avis Preferred... It simply creates an account so that you can not have to hand them your credit card, drivers license, etc. when you rent. There is no tangible benefit to it.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 12:25 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Costco Executive Member, Safeway Club Card
The AMEX Plat "explore your benefits" page seems to be temporarily down, but there is usually a link to all of the major rental car companies to get your platinum benefits. In the meantime I would suggest calling AMEX to get signed up. There is an AMEX Plat AWD that supposedly gets you a free weekend cert after two rentals in 6 months.

The Avis First via Chase Ink sounds better...
Old Aug 3, 2014, 3:31 am

Programs: GF Black

thanks
I know for sure that the AMEX platinum charge card for MENA region offers Avis preferred or first, but to sign up for it you have to fill in some application documents through AMEX to process the membership. The same goes for Hilton Honors Gold.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.