Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What is one car class upgrade from a minivan?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2014, 2:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
What is one car class upgrade from a minivan?

Taking the family on vacation in August. There will be 5 of us, and I have a minivan booked at Avis. I am Avis First so should get a one car class upgrade, I believe.

My question is this. What exactly is a one car class upgrade from a minivan?
Old Jun 12, 2014, 3:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Anything. Anything at all.

Seriously, though, I assume you rented the minivan for extra space. What other vehicles would you rather have?
Old Jun 12, 2014, 4:11 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Soccerdad1995
Taking the family on vacation in August. There will be 5 of us, and I have a minivan booked at Avis. I am Avis First so should get a one car class upgrade, I believe.

My question is this. What exactly is a one car class upgrade from a minivan?
You maybe could get an explorer "S" class for the same rate, but i doubt you will get a Tahoe/Suburban size at your minivan rate. You could always call the location and ask for something like that as a request, so if they are heavy on them you have a better chance.
Old Jun 12, 2014, 4:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Doc Savage
Anything. Anything at all.

Seriously, though, I assume you rented the minivan for extra space. What other vehicles would you rather have?
The minivan was actually cheaper than any of the SUV's. I'd rather have an SUV. A Tahoe would be perfect and would accommodate my party of 5 very well.

The only issue is that the minivan seats 7 (per Avis's description). The SUV's generally seat 5, so even if an SUV is an upgrade from a minivan, I can't see them automatically giving me an SUV when they may think that I need room for 7 people.

I guess I'll just chat with the folks on site when I get there and see what they have available.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
If you're renting from DEN in the summer, they'll upgrade you to a full size SUV for reserving a subcompact
Old Jun 18, 2014, 1:52 pm

Denver has a ton of Explorer Limiteds so you could ask for one of those. They have three rows. Really nice car.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.