Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avis Posting Carlson Points?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2012, 12:52 pm
Original Poster

Avis Posting Carlson Points?

Seems to be taking forever, nothing posted since beginning of July.

Do I call Carlson or Avis? Has anyone else's points posted?
Old Jul 25, 2012, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by drzoidberg

You don't call either. You keep waiting. It often takes about a month!

Multiple reports of it often taking that long here (Avis promo thread in Club Carlson forum):

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/club-...er-2012-a.html

You have to understand that delays in posting aren't because someone consistently counts x weeks to do it. They're usually because something that's done on a schedule is done only once every month or whatever. So depending on when you rental is compared to their infrequent posting schedule, it may take a shorter time or a longer time to post. (And there may be multiple steps, one done once a week in one spot, followed by one done once or twice a month in another spot.)
Old Jul 25, 2012, 1:44 pm

Programs: National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis CC, Continental Onepass

Mine's usually post in two weeks. National
on the other hand has been over 13 wee
Old Aug 1, 2012, 6:45 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Be not afraid

I concur with sdsearch in the main. I've seen my points for this show up between two weeks and a month later. Many examples.* I think two things might be happening: I think there is a regularly scheduled "sweep" in which all the reports go across from Avis to Carlson maybe once a month or every certain number of days. This is fairly typical with partner promos in the loyalty program industry. I haven't seen enough depth of experience in FlyerTalk yet to know definitively when these go. Often we have to deduce and compare notes. (Recent example: Choice Hotels.) We often benefit from sages like sdsearch to pick it up first, or from a building consensus.

Second, I think we may have seen Club Carlson overwhelmed lately with their promotions. All this, if I'm close to correct, because the Club Carlson program is so new (and with many new members).

* Oh, yes: All my points have shown up.
Old Aug 3, 2012, 11:22 pm
Original Poster

Great, some of my points have started to post!
Old Aug 8, 2012, 8:51 pm

my 9000 points posted less than 1 week after my rental return
Old Sep 2, 2012, 8:04 pm
Original Poster

I was getting apprehensive about my points posting, but a batch just posted to my account, almost ~ 2 months later. Better late than never!
Old Sep 29, 2012, 3:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
You guys are having better luck than us with the Flying Blue AF/KLM promo. I've had to write into Avis everytime!
Old Sep 29, 2012, 6:00 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Guy Betsy, thanks for bringing this up again.

I owe it to this thread to say that I think I was naive or lulled (by Avis and Carlson, separately) in my last comment. This week, I received a big load of AAdvantage miles for Avis rentals stretching back to late July. Specifically, from late July and the beginning of August. However, when I was on the big Avis run, I also pointed a rental to this Carlson promo. Nothing has shown up in over eight weeks. Maybe it's good news that not even the normal token points have posted.

Hypothesis: That the same Avis office or computer was handling both partner promos at the same time, and got jammed. (And, outside the scope of this thread but perhaps putting further bind in the cheese, the other promo was very generous at 3,000 AA miles per day. Threads about it were full of reports of people doing one-day rentals.)
Old Oct 7, 2012, 2:37 pm

Almost 10 weeks: Zip. Meaning that not even base points have shown up. Again, could be good news within the bad news. The reservation does have my "GP..." number on it. (It is of more educational value to see what happens without my following up - per my Avis/AA promo m.o.) So, here I go again...
Old Oct 12, 2012, 4:09 pm
Original Poster

Latest Carlson points posted after just 2 weeks. Hooray!
Old Oct 13, 2012, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Latest Carlson points posted after just 2 weeks. Hooray!
Great, but that only has to with when you rented.

Mine just posted too (on Oct 10, it says), but it took almost a whole month.

In other words, Avis->Carlson seems to happen about once a month at most.

It thus dpends when in the month your rental closes as to "how fast" it posts. My rental was Sep 5-15. Your presumably ended a week or two later, but since they all posted in the second week of October, yours seemed like "two weeks" while mine seemed like "almost a month".

Transfers between two partners don't take a set amount of time; they happen on a set frequency.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Is it worth to rent the car through CC's portal and to fish 9k points? You won't get any cash back since you have to go through club carlson avis portal, also you won't be able to use a cheaper AWD.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nacho
Is it worth to rent the car through CC's portal and to fish 9k points? You won't get any cash back since you have to go through club carlson avis portal, also you won't be able to use a cheaper AWD.
I don't understand your question. I've gotten all my Club Carlson 9k point bonuses simply by renting through avis.com, supplying my Club Carlson number there (note that they confusingly still call it Gold Points!), and plugging in the coupon code there. I always do my Avis reservations through the Avis site since only then is my Wizard number correctly and automatically (by logging in) plugged in.

I don't understand what extra benefits you'd gain by going through the CC portal rather than doing it at the Avis site like I did.

(Note: I usually use avis.com as my Avis site because I'm USA-based. If you're based elsewhere, your Avis site might be different.)
Old Oct 16, 2012, 1:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by sdsearch
I don't understand your question. I've gotten all my Club Carlson 9k point bonuses simply by renting through avis.com, supplying my Club Carlson number there (note that they confusingly still call it Gold Points!), and plugging in the coupon code there. I always do my Avis reservations through the Avis site since only then is my Wizard number correctly and automatically (by logging in) plugged in.

I don't understand what extra benefits you'd gain by going through the CC portal rather than doing it at the Avis site like I did.

(Note: I usually use avis.com as my Avis site because I'm USA-based. If you're based elsewhere, your Avis site might be different.)
I'm based in Sweden and maybe that's the reason.

Do you have to use that AWD in order to get the point? Last time I looked for my rental the AWD code was a lot more expensive (I think it's about $100 difference).

I had trouble getting my SAS 3k bonus points with Avis - I think the reason was that I didn't use their AWD.

I tried to use Avis.com to get cash back, but somehow they claim that I used a invalid coupon (it was an free upgrade coupon supplied by ebates and fortunately ebates still paid me the $ back).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.