Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Does anyone have a name/email/fax for someone at Avis?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2012, 7:38 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz
Original Poster

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite

Preferred President's Club member here; would really like to have the name/email/fax of an actual person with some responsibility for Avis customer service. My last three rentals have about driven me back to Hertz and I really would like to share my frustrations with someone rather than through the anemic "contact us" form (which never elicits a reply) or the post-rental surveys (which never elicit any follow-up either).

TIA
Old Apr 13, 2012, 9:00 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

I don't have anyone in particular, but you can send it to Avis Budget Group, Attn Customer Service, 6 Sylvan Way Parsippany, NJ 07054. Once (out of a few times) they responded to mail here before I went to the BBB.

Good luck!
Old Apr 13, 2012, 11:17 pm

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
I actually just had a great response with the Customer Care generic webpage. Was able to get my issue resolved fast and accurately.

Give it a try first?

Also, were all your rentals at the same station? Station Managers are much more apt to respond to emails. Their business cards are always at the rental counter.
Old Apr 14, 2012, 1:12 pm

Programs: HH Dia, Avis First, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, AS
I responded to a post rental survey last year with very negative reviews for LAX. A couple weeks later I was contacted by a manager offering a free class upgrade. I emailed him back and they put me in a 300 for the week. Everyone was super nice and they totally had changed things around. Each time I've gone back I'm greeted by name and they make sure I get a car that will suit me.

In short, I think it's well worth taking the time to fill out the survey.
Old Apr 15, 2012, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by jvick125
I responded to a post rental survey last year with very negative reviews for LAX. A couple weeks later I was contacted by a manager offering a free class upgrade. I emailed him back and they put me in a 300 for the week. Everyone was super nice and they totally had changed things around. Each time I've gone back I'm greeted by name and they make sure I get a car that will suit me.

In short, I think it's well worth taking the time to fill out the survey.
The survey does seem to produce at least a response, although it may not be a satisfactory response. I had an absolutely terrible rental experience in Dec at PDX. I responded to the survey and promptly got an email from the PDX station manager, who claimed to want to talk to me. I tried emailing and calling (leaving several messages). He never bothered to respond, even though I rent from his station 12-15x a year. I've since switched to National.
Old Apr 15, 2012, 1:28 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz
Original Poster

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Thanks everyone. I went ahead and tried the survey; I'll give it a few days.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 7:32 pm

Programs: AA Plat UA Silver, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Honors Gold.
Twitter works fairly well tbh. I got responses pretty quickly.
Old May 1, 2012, 3:59 pm

Programs: Centurion
facebook too.
Old May 2, 2012, 6:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Any update?

I left a less than flattering review of a vehicle from PWM (it had been smoked in and wasn't cleaned very well) and had an e-mail the next day from the station manager also offering a one class upgrade on my next rental. I really don't see the benefit of offering a car upgrade, a Pres or First member will likely get at the minimum of a 1 class upgrade, and I generally get 2-3 class upgrades just by asking. Personally I'd rather have a discount coupon of sorts.
Sadly, LAX will be getting an overall poor review once I find the time to fill out the survey.
Old May 4, 2012, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by WIRunner
Any update?

I left a less than flattering review of a vehicle from PWM (it had been smoked in and wasn't cleaned very well) and had an e-mail the next day from the station manager also offering a one class upgrade on my next rental. I really don't see the benefit of offering a car upgrade, a Pres or First member will likely get at the minimum of a 1 class upgrade, and I generally get 2-3 class upgrades just by asking. Personally I'd rather have a discount coupon of sorts.
Sadly, LAX will be getting an overall poor review once I find the time to fill out the survey.
One-class upgrade is worth only about $2/day, so that's really nothing. I would suggest calling the customer service number. I have gotten results just by calling them.
Old May 4, 2012, 5:50 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by Long Islander
One-class upgrade is worth only about $2/day,
More if it's to a Premium or Luxury.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.